BS -> BS2 upgrade path

Homer

Hi,

Long time since I been here - is there an upgrade path from Black Shark to Black Shark 2? I actually have two keys (both in my name on my account) for BS, but discovered today BS in not DCSW compatible. Is there an upgrade path, or do I need to shell out another $40 for BS2?

Regards,

Homer

There is no upgrade anymore: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_black_shark_2_upgrade/

... but around the 24th of this month there will be a sale ... you will be able to purchase BS2 with about 40% discount ... think of it as an upgrade Price :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Is BS2 a vast improvement over the original BS? Am I as well sticking with BS or is the upgrade really worth the price of admission? I am not overly concerned the graphic appearance/terrain, etc. preferring a solid flight model and systems model first.

TIA

Is BS2 a vast improvement over the original BS? Am I as well sticking with BS or is the upgrade really worth the price of admission? I am not overly concerned the graphic appearance/terrain, etc. preferring a solid flight model and systems model first.

TIA

In my opinion, the main difference is that BS2 has much better multiplayer abilities, since it can connect with every DCS Server available

... the mission editor of DCS is also much better than the one in BS and there are more user's made missions and skins available for BS2 than for BS.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back after a long time away and ran into a problem. I bought BS1 and have the key code but no CD. I also bought the BS2 upgrade at some point and have that key code also. DCS World (latest version) won't upgrade to BS2 because BS1 isn't installed and I can't download it (duh, yes I can!)...

EDIT: As I was typing this I thought to Google "BS1 Downloads" and it pointed me to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/previous_versions/

Downloaded BS1 English, installed, stated it up and activated with my key, and BS2 upgraded perfectly so i'm all set! Maybe this will help someone else..

Edited by GaryR

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Just a heads up.. There might be an issue with the BS2 upgrade from BS with 2.5 coming up. I was told to submit a ticket when I asked on Facebook is they were compatible. What they did was deactivate my BS2 Upgrade serial number and gave me one for the BS2 standalone as a replacement free of charge.

Might want to check it out yourself..