Will the Hornet kill off the others??

jason_peters

All other aircraft are irrelevant to the Hornet. It is the mother, the bringer and the destroyer. All hail the Hornet.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

• ED Team

any aircraft is only as good as the pilot flying it ( and he or she is usually the weakest link ) :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

it will be like the harrier.

at first all you will see online is exploding F/A-18 everywhere.

billions of dollars worth :)

then after a while everyone will fall back to the aircraft they are best in..

to claw back some self respect.

this is what happens in competitive games like lol that get lots of new "champions"

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

To be honest I don't see the F18C flying CAP like the Eagle or doing CAS like the Harrier / A10C / Su25.

The only one which can take a hit on sales is the Mirage 2000, which has the same multirole Gen4 appeal, or the Viggen, which is a pure strike aircraft.

Anyway, almost each one of the DCS modules is special enough to justify the purchase.

The hornet can be the jack of all trades but master of none. You can do everything on it, but you can't do it better than specialiced hulls will do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll still have plenty of time for the AV-8B, the SA342 and then might be convinced of perhaps the F-14 with a RIO.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

I just bought the Hornet on pre-sale offer. (LOL! I have most all of the others already... )

I might play with it awhile but will wait for Chuck's Guide for it when it most likely appears. Chuck is a lot quicker at learning the new stuff than I am. He has a real gift for creating tech manuals.

As to the Harrier? The 3rd party stuff is never ready for prime-time at its release date and sometimes not even 2 years later. I will wait awhile and a good sale.

I have sim flown both : VRS SuperBug and somebody made a Harrier a few years ago.

I know of a retired Navy pilot that sim-flies the VRS SuperBug on P3D with his squadron guys; it is very realistic!

And P3D ain't cheap! >>> https://www.prepar3d.com

http://vcw-8.com

https://www.vrsimulations.com/superbug.php

-+-

I welcome comments and critiques as the VRS SuperBug has been out quite awhile.

Too bad DCS_World could not include total sim-war like Arma and incorporate the flyboys to support ground troops missions like in the real world. Historically the Navy supports the Marines in country.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hornet won't have the full "do it all" multi role capability for a while yet so I doubt it. Once JHMCS, AIM9X, AIM120B+C and Link16 are up and running I expect enthusiasm for the Eagle to take a hit though.

Otherwise there a quite a few players who seem loyal to their Hogs, Harriers, Mirages and red team jets. F14 will diversify the player base too.

If I were new to DCS now, I probably wouldn't purchase most of the modules. And with the F/A-18C just two more weeks away, that's a no-brainer.

Anyway, the depth of the A-10C and Ka-50 modules doesn't go away, just like the brilliant feeling of flying the Huey, to name just my personal favorites.

For instance, I can easily imagine AFACing some Hornets in the A-10C, that would be immersive, realistic and probably a great experience for all involved. :thumbup:

If I were new to DCS now, I probably wouldn't purchase most of the modules. And with the F/A-18C just two more weeks away, that's a no-brainer.

Anyway, the depth of the A-10C and Ka-50 modules doesn't go away, just like the brilliant feeling of flying the Huey, to name just my personal favorites.

For instance, I can easily imagine AFACing some Hornets in the A-10C, that would be immersive, realistic and probably a great experience for all involved. :thumbup:

Word...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Despite owning all modules except the choppers (I have the Ka-50 but can't get on with it) I'm still looking for something that will prise me out of the cockpit of my Su-27. The F-18 may do that for a bit. I was looking forwards to having a Eurofighter, but I guess that may or may not happen now.

Dammit, I want my 4th gen red air!

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

From time to time i hop over to fly all the different modules. I enjoy all the different aircraft. Make missions, integrate audio files and/or military chatter. It keeps DCS interesting. :D

exactly what I do too! Though for the last 3 months, the Harrier has been my go to bird. :thumbup:

Definitely looking forward to the Hornet.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control