Persian Gulf/Hornet Stream April 15th 9:00am PST (4:00pm GMT)

NineLine

A lot of new technologies are coded to Hornet, like radar beam, radiation simulation and new thermal vision for targeting pod etc.

Question: is any of these improvements getting added to older existing modules like A-10C to get the new targeting pod features or F-15C/Su-27S (or even SAM systems) to get the new radar beam simulation etc or are they going to be exclusive to Hornet and future modules?

Edited by Fri13
Rephrase question.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

If you are allowed to disclose, what has been the total development cost to put the F/A-18C into DCS World?

Edit: If you can't answer that, then how many hours has been spent?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Do you expect to rework lighting by night, especially for afterburner by night ?

We should see a big blue/white flame from engine by night instead of yellow/red flame by day ;)

Thanks in advance :)

Like this pics :

5h4NdYv.gif

3773f04a996ee2a1b5747fd2d789742e.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey, Matt.

Any plans to integrate a user-friendly MFD export tool in-game so that home cockpit folks can use all those Hornet displays on a separate monitor with the Thrustmaster MFDs?

Thanks!

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I am of the opinion this is a relevant question, respectfully. The question relates to the overall smoothness & quality of what we are viewing the Hornet in action over the Persian Gulf. Before entering the mission, can you please display your graphics settings and then run the frame counter while streaming please sir? Thank you for your consideration. Love watching these!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Wags, will NAS Fallon be modeled for the NTTR Map?

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hi can ED look at the Iranian complements for the theater:

SA-5 "Gammon"

SA-2 - S-75 Dvina

Depending on era, SA-22 from 2008ish

Tanks

We can make do with current, but the Chieftan and Patton and Skorpion light tank are unavailable.

Aircraft

F-7 (The in game 21 BiS is very different in appearance at the nose)

Ships

Various Combattante type fast attack boats would be key.

Skins

We saw the Mig-29 skin (thanks)

C-130 desert skin + coalition availability

There's an F-5 skin but could use the other (arguably more common) variant textures

We have to wait for the F-4 model sadly.

We have to wait for the Tomcat model sadly.

F-7/Mig-21 relevant skin (nearest is Egyptian skin)

DCS core

The Coalition lacks the Russian inventory and many of the units for the Iranian coalition in the dbcountries.lua.

Oman F-16's and UAE could use some checking on skins too, but the opfor is probably more key.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Are there plans for a really immersive campaign with the hornet and the Persian Gulf map ? Immersive like the campaigns from baltic_dragon with lots of voice acting.

Win10-X64, I5,-8600K oc-4,8Ghz, 16GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, HOTAS Warthog, MFG crosswind pedals, KW-908 Jetseat , HTC Vive with lens mod.

With most of the Hornet's A/G missions being prebriefed targets, will we see something in the future to setup your waypoints in the breifing after the loading screen to multiplayer servers , Instead of painstakingly manually inputting them on the ramp?

Also not a question but I noticed something on the startup last time

-If there are any X's on the fcs page the bit page will show a DEGD in the FCS-MC not a GO.

With the DCS Persian Gulf map being close to release, and stating it could easily be expanded..along with a DCS Syria and DCS Afghanistan map being in development..

Is there a goal/plan/etc to eventually merge those three maps into one, large, continuous Middle Eastern map area?

Has ED given any thoughts to using deferred shading to have more voluminous clouds especially of the cumulonimbus type?

I know clouds are a WIP, specifically asking as deferred shading has created impressive smoke effects with negligible performance hit.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

What if any are the plans for the mission editor and editing routes for multiplayer? I know there are 3rd part apps in development for the mission planning side of things, but with the ability to have 3 routes stored in a jet, are there any plans for a way to create and transmit for a lack of better terms the data cartridge or at least the route between players on a server. Same for when things like the SA page have lines and graphics and threat rings that should be able to be edited and would be helpful to be able to have commonality between members of a flight.

For this Stream we are requesting that if you like you may submit ONE question here and Wags will pick out a few questions to answer during the stream. Try and focus your questions on the subject he is showing off, the Persian Gulf and Hornet.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi !

Does all the sea on the left and right side of the map will be available in-game, so we can operate aircraft carrier at a farther distance from the theatre of operations ?

Strait_Hormuz-1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.