FAQ Updates and Discussion

NineLine

Latest update from WAGS on waypoint nav progress, joygasm!!

This is going to be EPIC!

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little confused:

Form last Hornet Mini Update:

1-The Waypoint navigation system is now functional in the simulation and tied to the Inertial Navigation System (INS). This includes indications both on the HSI and HUD. This also includes most of the functionality for the HSI/DATA/WYPT page. This will provide most waypoint functions used by players. After Early Access release, we will implement the option for the programming of three waypoint sequences in the Mission Editor and the creation of Offset Waypoints using the HSI page. The last big item for waypoints in the Early Access release will be implementing the Waypoint Designate (WPDSG) option, that will set the selected waypoint as the target point. This is important for both weapon and sensor cuing.

is it not possible to add waypoints or build a flightplan with the UFC InGame (like in the DCS: A-10C)?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

It is possible. But if you can program that data in mission planning it saves a lot of button pushing (same as A10C)

Okay, but this is not realistic - i will need it for dynamic mission setup, where you get coordinates from a JTAC or someone else - and this should not be in the flightplan from the begin!

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Okay, but this is not realistic - i will need it for dynamic mission setup, where you get coordinates from a JTAC or someone else - and this should not be in the flightplan from the begin!

Patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The "early" part of "early access" is tough for some people to understand.

The "early" part of "early access" is tough for some people to understand.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Just curious, out of the squadron skins planned, are we going to be getting the CAG & Line hornets for each squadron? Or a mix of CAG & Line that cover each squadron?

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

May I request something about the start-up tutorials.

Since the A-10, I haven't seen such a detailed start-up tutorial, meaning that instead of just flip this so that happens... we can have a bit of reasoning and background.

By flipping this switch you turn on the AC Generator which provides AC to this and that so you can do that and that.

I don't know if it is nostalgia by this point (because it has been a long time since pre DCS World days) or what, but I just feel like newer modules just haven't had that (or even the Ka-50 to an extend).

I was able to write down couple of pages in my small notebook, with some detail to almost every command.

I believe that will help having a better understanding of the aircraft under emergencies and so on.

On another note, except the A-10C and the Ka-50 (FC3 doesn't count), I haven't had any other pure ED modules(aircraft), so maybe they still do it this way. Hmm thinking about it, the Su-25Ts tutorials were good. Anyway, I believe you guys will provide a quality product

Maybe I should put this in the wishlist.

Cheers

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I'm a former A-7E Driver and F-5E Adversary who flew against the F-18C on many occasions. I left the Navy after 12 years and missed my opportunity to fly the Hornet. I'm really looking forward to this! Thanks for all the hard work ED.

Guest Guest

Will FLIR camera display on the HUD

I've been doing some reading about the legacy Hornet in "Jane's How To Fly and Fight In the F/A-18 Hornet" by David Isby.

In the book's description of the Hornet's HUD Isby mentions that thermal images from the TINS pod, and FLIR images from the Nite Hawk Pod can be displayed on the HUD similar to the Harrier.

If I remember correctly the TINS pod and Nite Hawk pod haven't been mentioned in the Hornet systems development, but I was wondering if images from the FLIR camera will be able to be displayed on the HUD in the DCS Hornet simulation.

I've been doing some reading about the legacy Hornet in "Jane's How To Fly and Fight In the F/A-18 Hornet" by David Isby.

In the book's description of the Hornet's HUD Isby mentions that thermal images from the TINS pod, and FLIR images from the Nite Hawk Pod can be displayed on the HUD similar to the Harrier.

If I remember correctly the TINS pod and Nite Hawk pod haven't been mentioned in the Hornet systems development, but I was wondering if images from the FLIR camera will be able to be displayed on the HUD in the DCS Hornet simulation.

There is a navflir in the atflir pylon which can do the same. It was later removed because it was rarely used operationally iirc. But I think ED said they wanted to model it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

... I was wondering if images from the FLIR camera will be able to be displayed on the HUD in the DCS Hornet simulation...

I've been looking around in the search queries and have only found that answer being asked before: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3362105&postcount=4035

Does that mean we can put Navigational FLIR on the HUD? or is NFLR something else cause the natops doesn't explicitly say what NFLR is but is usually near FLIR.

No answer yet, though, they've said multiple times it will be the most thourough simulation to date, if your research says it should have FLIR in the HUD, it'll get FLIR in the HUD. *EDIT* Should be via ATFLIR, nite hawk etc. not planned

What I DID find was that they're planning on reworking the FLIR technology to be more authentic.

Edited by Lithion

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Guest Guest

APG-73 radar capabilities

I've also read that the APG-73 radar in air-air mode is capable of tracking 10 radar contacts at the same time and engaging 2 simultaneously.

Does anyone know if these capabilities will be modeled or if ED has talked about modeling them in the Hornet once it is fully completed?

I've also read that the APG-73 radar in air-air mode is capable of tracking 10 radar contacts at the same time and engaging 2 simultaneously.

Does anyone know if these capabilities will be modeled or if ED has talked about modeling them in the Hornet once it is fully completed?

I'm fairly positive it will be modeled. This is already available even in FC F-15, being able to "lock" two targets in TWS mode and engage with AMRAAMS. I don't think, however, this will work with AIM-7, as it requires continuous illumination in SST mode.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I've been looking around in the search queries and have only found that answer being asked before: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3362105&postcount=4035

No answer yet, though, they've said multiple times it will be the most thourough simulation to date, if your research says it should have FLIR in the HUD, it'll get FLIR in the HUD. *EDIT* Should be via ATFLIR, nite hawk etc. not planned

What I DID find was that they're planning on reworking the FLIR technology to be more authentic.

ED said that they planned on incorporating this... So yes.

My question:

Can we expect ALR-67 data to be displayed in the HUD and Radar Attack pages as seen in the below thread?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197024&page=2

I'm fairly positive it will be modeled. This is already available even in FC F-15, being able to "lock" two targets in TWS mode and engage with AMRAAMS. I don't think, however, this will work with AIM-7, as it requires continuous illumination in SST mode.

The Sparrow needs STT for guidance, so yeah..no TWS with the Aim-7.

What the sparrow can use is FLOOD mode, which just blasts everything out in front of it with radar energy and the Sparrow would pitbull at whatever it wanted to. This was also known as HOLY CRAP BAD IDEA mode and at least in the Tomcat world..kills using FLOOD and the Sparrow were not considered legitimate

Does it actually go STT? I'm not as familiar with the hornet setup - in the eagle it'll go to FLOOD, and that basically doesn't get the missile tuned and the target search doppler frequency on the missile seeker is probably set to wide interval.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda