Two DCS accounts but one PC

hannibal

what happens to my activations if i had two DCS accounts,

lets say account A, i have purchased A10C and account B i have F-5E.

sometimes i run a second PC to host a server, but more times i am on one PC.

will i affect my activations, if install both purchased modules, but log in under one account for that one aircraft i purchased, even though i have the other module installed?

thank you for any info on the new login system as it relates to DCS 2.5

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• ED Team

Hi

if you are using one pc for a server and the other for flying you are better off moving your aircraft to the same account and keeping the other account for a server.

For running 2 dcs accounts on the same pc it is best to have the different accounts run on different window user accounts. This will keep the activation's in separate registry's

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

if you are using one pc for a server and the other for flying you are better off moving your aircraft to the same account and keeping the other account for a server.

For running 2 dcs accounts on the same pc it is best to have the different accounts run on different window user accounts. This will keep the activation's in separate registry's

thanks for reply.

i play to only fly in the better spec PC, but i was intending to login to DCS switching between two accounts under the same windows user.., i like to know how will that affect my activations.

but ill also look into adding another widnows account on same PC

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 3 years later...
On 2/17/2018 at 3:43 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

Any update to this?  I have the same problem. My youngest son and I use the same pc mostly. Sometimes I can use my oldest sons but it’s not so powerful and I don’t have one because I don’t game but dcs looked super interesting and i figure it was something we could learn and teach each other. We’re both pretty new. I bought him the f18 and the fc3 planes and got myself the fc3 planes and the 16. We use different acts on dcs and different user accounts on the computer but I get notifications asking for authorizations anytime I open dcs. 

2 hours ago, Skwirl865 said:

We use different acts on dcs and different user accounts on the computer but I get notifications asking for authorizations anytime I open dcs. 

That's normal because you use one DCS installation and two accounts that have different modules activated. You log in, DCS detects Hornet and since you don't have a license for it, it asks for the key, right? When your son logs in, DCS detects Viper and should ask for activation becuase he does not have a license for it. Both accounts should not have a problem with FC3 though. Just click through the message and you're fine.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

3 hours ago, draconus said:

That's normal because you use one DCS installation and two accounts that have different modules activated. You log in, DCS detects Hornet and since you don't have a license for it, it asks for the key, right? When your son logs in, DCS detects Viper and should ask for activation becuase he does not have a license for it. Both accounts should not have a problem with FC3 though. Just click through the message and you're fine.

Is there no way to stop that?  It does it fir campaigns and maps and everything. There’s like 4-5 of them every single time I open dcs. It makes the idea of buying other campaigns or even maps and modules a bit less desirable. If dcs wasn’t so huge, I’d try to figure out some way to have an entire different install(if that’s even possible) but it’s huge!

it’s really nerve racking to have to click thru prompt after prompt before I can even load the game considering I’m the one who paid for all of them. 
thru should really figure out a way to do it like console games so that ppl in the same house can play multiplayer together like console games. It was already frustrating to have to spend all that money twice just to fly together on the same house.