C-101 update

Vibora

7 hours ago, gulredrel said:

Thanks for updating the C-101 while working on the F1 variants.

Open Beta 2.8.7.42583

C-101 Aviojet by AvioDev

• Fixed the initialization of the mechanical clock hours hand when the aircraft start time is more than 12:00 PM.
  • Fixed clock hands animation: minutes and chronometer minutes hands were mixed up with each other.

I'm pretty confused about the clock.  First, it still shows the wrong start time.  My mission starts at 3:30 but it shows 12:30.  And I don't know what the point of winding it is when both the clock and stopwatch function when you don't wind it.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 4:44 PM, kontiuka said:

I'm pretty confused about the clock.  First, it still shows the wrong start time.  My mission starts at 3:30 but it shows 12:30.  And I don't know what the point of winding it is when both the clock and stopwatch function when you don't wind it.

Thank you for your feedback. As I can see the fixes didn't get to this OB update. We'll add them to the nex one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

19 hours ago, Vibora said:

Thank you for your feedback. As I can see the fixes didn't get to this OB update. We'll add them to the nex one.

Thanks for the info. Waiting for the next one, I'm sure you will figure this out.

Coming back from holidays in northern Spain, rainy forcast in Germany, so I guess, there will be some sim time within the next days 😅

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Vibora said:

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes. Thanks for the fix.  But I'm still confused about the purpose of winding the clock.  If I don't wind it, the clock still works and the stop watch still works.  Will they eventually stop working after some time if you don't wind?  Thanks.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kontiuka said:

Yes. Thanks for the fix.  But I'm still confused about the purpose of winding the clock.  If I don't wind it, the clock still works and the stop watch still works.  Will they eventually stop working after some time if you don't wind?  Thanks.

Yes, that's what will happen. An easy wayvto check it is, if you accelerate time after winding completely you'll notice that you can wind again. And, if you don't wind, the clock will stop eventually.

• Like 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Vibora said:

Yes, that's what will happen. An easy wayvto check it is, if you accelerate time after winding completely you'll notice that you can wind again. And, if you don't wind, the clock will stop eventually.

Thanks.  I did not wind and let 8 hours elapse but the clock did not stop or lose its time.  How long before the clock should stop?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kontiuka said:

Thanks.  I did not wind and let 8 hours elapse but the clock did not stop or lose its time.  How long before the clock should stop?

Don't know the exact type of the clock, but I assume it will run more than a day. I've a soviet AYC-1 on my desk and when fully wound up it will run for more than 48 hours.

• Like 2

BTW, this is described in our Flight Manual:

The clock includes a classic watch and a chronometer with a small needle that counts elapsed time up to 15 minutes. The clock spring has a total capacity of 2 days of operation. It is initialized at mission start in half wound state. An error may be expected when the spring is almost fully discharged.

Edited by Vibora
  • Like 4

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
Hi all! I'm confused, are the manufacturers of the C-101 and the Mirage F-1 the same people or different developers? I took the C-101 module for a 2-week test, bought it, and really liked it. 
Both? A mix of som sort I believe.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been flying this week and going through my modules, when was the last update for the CC version. Today on a multiplayer server I load up with bombs and rockets and reduced the fuel to under maximum weight. And for the life of me I could not take off . I was hertling down the runway and the IAS speed dial didn't move, I ran out of runway on more then one occasion. Surly if I'm within maximum weight I should be able to take off . Am I missing something here . The speed dials didn't move yet I'm traveling down the runway fast . 

Going to add this was in snow winter conditions. 

Also no problem taking off in desert conditions . However nearly ran out of runway . 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

43 minutes ago, KoN said:

And for the life of me I could not take off .

It's usually best to include a track or a video of your flight so we can take an actual look at what happened (preferably a track). For instance, this would not be the first time there was an accidental wheel brake mapping or an inverted axis and trying to take off with the wheels skidding over the runway doesn't usually work all that well. Or maybe the pitot tube froze over in icing conditions and your airspeed indicator never came alive. Either condition would warrant a takeoff-abort before running out of runway, but guessing the causes would take time that's better spent looking at actual data.

46 minutes ago, KoN said:

Am I missing something here .

A question mark? 😛

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kontiuka said:

Ya, definitely sounds like pitot icing.  In those conditions, I'll get the GPU running and turn on the pitot and engine heat as soon as possible.

This is my thinking as I was able to take off on Syria map admit close thing with runway but was able to get up .

The cold snow conditions,  I had no chance didn't even reach , take off speed . Well within weight restrictions. Even dropped fuel down to 25% managed to get airborne fly for ten minutes then engine dies . 

7 hours ago, Yurgon said:

It's usually best to include a track or a video of your flight so we can take an actual look at what happened (preferably a track). For instance, this would not be the first time there was an accidental wheel brake mapping or an inverted axis and trying to take off with the wheels skidding over the runway doesn't usually work all that well. Or maybe the pitot tube froze over in icing conditions and your airspeed indicator never came alive. Either condition would warrant a takeoff-abort before running out of runway, but guessing the causes would take time that's better spent looking at actual data.

A question mark? 😛

I'll take a look at tracks , but I'm not good with that sort of thing . Isn't replay broken. ????? Lol 😆

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

12 hours ago, kontiuka said:

Ya, definitely sounds like pitot icing.  In those conditions, I'll get the GPU running and turn on the pitot and engine heat as soon as possible.

Won't auto start up kick this into action. 

Edit , just tried this again , on a server . This time i put pilot heat on , Managed to take off just , Second time no different load out  , no take off  ran out of runway .

I am with in weight restriction max weight , this is C101 -CC not B

How do i attach a track . ?

Edited by KoN

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

5 hours ago, KoN said:

How do i attach a track . ?

Reproduce the issue in a short mission. Right after the issue happens, end the mission and in the debriefing screen, hit "Save Track".

By default, you should find that in

C:\Users\{Your Windows Username\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\

You can then drag and drop it into the new post dialog here in the forum or hit the "choose files..." option right below the post.

Note that the forum has a size limit, so if your track file is too big, you may need to upload it via some kind of filesharing service (Google Drive, One Drive, ...) and then just post the link here.

5 hours ago, KoN said:

Isn't replay broken. ????? Lol 😆

It depends. Long replays tend to break almost always. MP replays tend to be horrible. Short missions with not much happening should be okay.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KoN said:

Been flying this week and going through my modules, when was the last update for the CC version. Today on a multiplayer server I load up with bombs and rockets and reduced the fuel to under maximum weight. And for the life of me I could not take off . I was hertling down the runway and the IAS speed dial didn't move, I ran out of runway on more then one occasion. Surly if I'm within maximum weight I should be able to take off . Am I missing something here . The speed dials didn't move yet I'm traveling down the runway fast . 

Going to add this was in snow winter conditions. 

Also no problem taking off in desert conditions . However nearly ran out of runway . 

In case you are heavy with bombs, I recommend you to use the MPR switch to give your engine an extra boost on takeoff. No limit of time for that engine mode, but you will consume more fuel

• Like 1