DCS 2.5 TM Warthog/rudder profiles?

Gridley

Hi all,

I literally hate to ask this question because I feel like the answer is right in front of me somewhere, but I'm at a loss....

Just updated from 2.2 to 2.5, and the aircraft I'm most interested in flying (A-10 A and C, F-15) have reverted to stock control defs including the "every axis from every device assigned redundantly" joy.

I have been trying to import the Polaris & SchniX profiles, which I believe I was using in 2.2, but they're just not working for me in 2.5. I seem to be able to select the profiles in the control settings load profile dialog, but nothing seems to change...

Can a helpful soul point me to TM profiles that work with 2.5 (I'm happy to switch to something more realistic or preferred at this date) or tips to get me on the right path? I'll admit, it's been years since I've had to do this...

THANKS!

CVG

Your controller assignments should still be on your system drive in Saved Games\DCS2.OpenAlpha (or something)\Config\Input folder, so find them and copy them to the same location in SavedGames\DCS.OpenBeta.

Don't know it works with some fancy profiles for fancy hardware, cause I've never used them.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Your controller assignments should still be on your system drive in Saved Games\DCS2.OpenAlpha (or something)\Config\Input folder, so find them and copy them to the same location in SavedGames\DCS.OpenBeta.

Don't know it works with some fancy profiles for fancy hardware, cause I've never used them.

Thanks for the reply, Art. I don't seem to have a DCS.OpenBeta folder, just the old alpha. I just did the update to 2.2 using the command line. I'm not sure what happened to my old assignments...I'll keep poking.

THANKS!

sg

• 2 weeks later...
Any update on this?

My controlls are compleatly empty.

Cant even Load Profile from earlier saved profile...

Any ideas why??

Thx

I never did figure out where my old assignments went. I ended up re-importing the Polaris & SchniX profiles from the original download (yes, the old ones still work in 2.5) and then customized my axes and other changes from there...

Thanks for the reply, Art. I don't seem to have a DCS.OpenBeta folder, just the old alpha. I just did the update to 2.2 using the command line. I'm not sure what happened to my old assignments...I'll keep poking.

THANKS!

sg

Any update on this?

My controlls are compleatly empty.

Cant even Load Profile from earlier saved profile...

Any ideas why??

Thx

1. In 2.5 OB, go to options and select the "controls" tab. Select the A-10C (Dhorse, if you don't own A-10C just pick one of the a/c you do own) and make one change to the stock controls.

2. Go to C:/Users/Yourusername/Saved games/DCS.openalpha/Config/Input (replacing "Yourusername" with your actual username)

3. Copy all the folders

4. Go to C:/Users/Yourusername/Saved games/DCS.openbeta/Config/Input (replacing "Yourusername" with your actual username)

5. Paste the copied folders

You should then have your old profiles back.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

1. In 2.5 OB, go to options and select the "controls" tab. Select the A-10C (Dhorse, if you don't own A-10C just pick one of the a/c you do own) and make one change to the stock controls.

2. Go to C:/Users/Yourusername/Saved games/DCS.openalpha/Config/Input (replacing "Yourusername" with your actual username)

3. Copy all the folders

4. Go to C:/Users/Yourusername/Saved games/DCS.openbeta/Config/Input (replacing "Yourusername" with your actual username)

5. Paste the copied folders

You should then have your old profiles back.

Thank you,

I´ve figured this on e out already but for me I don get my (Viggen) controls back :/

Strange but thats my case :(

Why´re you mentioning the A-10C specifically?

Also I´m Unable to import my control profile for Viggen that I have "Saved"/ exported to another disk...

Thank you

Thank you,

I´ve figured this on e out already but for me I don get my (Viggen) controls back :/

Strange but thats my case :(

Why´re you mentioning the A-10C specifically?

Also I´m Unable to import my control profile for Viggen that I have "Saved"/ exported to another disk...

Thank you

I just remembered that Gridley had mentioned the A-10C as one of the a/c he owned, so I used that as an example.

I don't know what's going on with exporting and importing profiles in 2.5, so I'm afraid I can't help you import your Viggen profile. Fingers crossed someone else can be more helpful to you.

Good luck.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)