Manual GBU release ?

BlaizzMC

If you are flying with an A10C, he designate the target with laser and then tell you when to release the bomb > Manual release

IRL M2000C did that in africa, assisted by the 2000D

If can read french ; http://www.defens-aero.com/2016/04/barkhane-mirage-2000c-2000d-vont-etre-redeployes-niamey-niger.html

The article doesn't say anything about the way a Mirage 2000C would release its GBU-12.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The article doesn't say anything about the way a Mirage 2000C would release its GBU-12.

Source : Air Actu October 2015 page number 22-23

it says translated approximately "Our fighters (M2000C) can't carry designation pod. To release some GBU 12, the blue fighter (nickmane of the 2000C) need to have a laser illumination done by a third part. In this situation this illumination will mainly be done par mirage 2000D, a drone...

In french : "Pour délivrer des GBU12, le chasseur "bleu" doit, en effet, bénéficier d'une illumination laser effectuée par un autre intervenant. Dans le cadre e son déploiement, cette illumination sera principalement réalisée par un Mirage 2000D un drone..."

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if mentioned , but it seems you can change the laser code in F-5 ingame

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171488

any chance this can be implemented in M2000C ?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gents,

You are both right about laser code usage... when talking about a human player pilot in the Mirage with AI JTAC or AFAC Lasing for you. The mission builder has to ensure the AI JTAC or Airborne FAC (who will be lasing for human player pilots) has their laser code set to whatever the Mirage is set to in the mission editor. So it doesn't always have to be the default "1688" code in this case.

If you are using a human JTAC player or another lasing-capable player controlled aircraft as an AFAC to lase... then.. YOU as the pilot coordinate with the JTAC or AFAC on what laser code to they must set to lase for you... the JTAC or AFAC can't tell you .. because you can't change it.... since you have no ability to change your laser code on your GBUs... and you have hopefully been told by the mission builder (in the Briefing Perhaps) what laser code is set for you if not the default "1688"... This is where multiple player aircraft flying on the same target area.. have to coordinate. Other players that are able to change their codes should either change to enable simultaneous attacks with you.... or let you do your thing in the Mirage and then proceed after you are off station (or before you get on station) to use the only laser code you can use.

So coordination is the key is all.. and makes the simulation more fun anyway.. right ?

Semper Fi

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit