dumb bombs on waypoint?

VTJS17_Fire

Hi,

I'm testing a little bit with the Mk-82SE and read somehere here in the forums, that I can enter an elevation/ altitude for a waypoint. How do I do this? Found nothing in the DCS flight manual.

And can I drop these dump bombs also on this waypoint or is this only a visual (release) feature/ aiming point for laser guided bombs?

Thanks in advance,

kind regards Fire

PS: Tested also the waypoint in VTB feature, but it doesn't work at all. Bullseye information in VTB are now correct, thanks Razbam!

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I haven't tried dropping bombs on waypoints so far, but your Mk-82SEs use CCIP. That probably won't work with waypoints. You should try the low drag Mk-82s which use CCRP instead. That should work in theory, because the GBU-12 is just treated like a Mk-82 by the M2000.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks, that was I was looking for. :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great, been looking for this to be able to tossbomb a static SA-6 site.

Too bad the weapons decide CCRP/CCIP and not the pilot, would prefer to CCRP toss a Mk20 cluster in their head over the Mk82.

But I'll fight with what I've got, now I just need to understand this rather complex approach using offsets. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The INS bombing system is still WiP. I'll advise you when it is ready.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

CCIP has to be designated visually.

But what would be nice is to have a system altitude sourced from a sensor other than the radio altimeter or the radar ranging, for example barometric or INS.

How can I get CCIP height above target if neither RS or TAS are selected? What height source is being input? Can I change it?

If CCIP is getting some "backup height" when RS nor TAS are selected and it's editable then I can make it accurate by adjusting that.