Sensible Chuckle

randomTOTEN

n2QPb3q.jpg:thumbup:

EDIT: For those that don't see it; our man is rocketing down the catapult with the MASTER CAUTION illuminated, very very likely because of the CHECK TRIM message that is informing him he has an incorrect stab trim for the cat shot. That comes on as soon as you turn up the power.

EDIT2: I certainly hope this isn't taken in the wrong context. I don't believe the trailer should at all be "fixed." This is a nice little easter egg that experienced users may (or may not) recognize, and new users will certainly not catch. In fact this may be a selling point for more detail oriented customers, as they can see an abnormal configuration, and the simulation responding appropriately to it. There was a very early Hornet stream with Wags, where he set the HUD source as STBY, and forgot to uncage the Standby AI. He identified the problem upon rotation as his HUD remained frozen in place. This was obviously removed from the subsequent video.. but it showed a very nice feature of the simulation, in that the HUD actually uses data from different sources accurately.

Carrier Looks absolutely stunning guys!:pilotfly:

Edited by randomTOTEN

Well the image certainly shows CHECK TRIM on the left DDI. Many do forget to arm the seat, which isn’t much better.. Stabs should be 14-16 on cat launch, depending on load out.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Stabs should be 14-16 on cat launch, depending on load out.

16° - 19° ;)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

16° - 19° ;)

Again, load out dependent. In DCS’ game, 14 will get you off the deck without a trim warning ;)

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

True, but he's mainly just making a reference to the NATOPS manual, where 16° is the minimum required elevator trim for a catapult shot, regardless of weight.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

True, but he's mainly just making a reference to the NATOPS manual, where 16° is the minimum required elevator trim for a catapult shot, regardless of weight.

:thumbup: Always try to follow NATOPS information, but sometimes it is not possible or doesn't result in the correct outcome with DCS. But still worth doing for sure. Practice good habits, produce good habits. Ya know.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)