Do I need to install/use Thrustmaster software in win 10?

Peedee

Hi,

a newcomer here on this forum. Been flying flight games/sims since 1982... And finally I made the dream purchase, I recently got my Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas! And I love it! Don´t know why I didn´t buy it before.... I´ve used different Saitek series hotas systems earlier. But this - this is an huge upgrade!

Anyways, when I got it I just plugged it into my PC, and it worked. And in DCS A10c it was very easy to tweak those minor changes I wanted. So, are there any reasons to install any Thrustmaster software on my system?

PC: I9 13900K, Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC, 32 GB RAM@6000Mhz.

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Virpil Base for Joystick. Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudderpedals. Realsimulator FSSB-RL MKII ULTRA base + Realsimulator F16SGRH V2 grip

VR: Pimax Crystal, 8KX, HP Reverb G2, Pico 4, Quest 2. Buttkicker Gamer Pro. Next Level Motion Platform V3.

... So, are there any reasons to install any Thrustmaster software on my system?

It isnt really needed, unless you want your HOTAS to do things like turning ON-OFF its LEDs, or having a button do a function when pressed and a different one when released, or one button do two things in sequence (for example release the landing gear lock of the MiG-21, then move the LG handle down and then place the lock again .. I can do that with a single button press).

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

You need to install drivers and I think the software is automatic, but you don't need to use it.

Thanks,

Windows installed drivers automaticly when I plugged the Hotas into the USB ports. And no other software was installed. I never downloaded anything or installed any files from CD or internet. So no other software other than the drivers - that Windows installed by itself just as any other gamecontroller.

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Virpil Base for Joystick. Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudderpedals. Realsimulator FSSB-RL MKII ULTRA base + Realsimulator F16SGRH V2 grip

VR: Pimax Crystal, 8KX, HP Reverb G2, Pico 4, Quest 2. Buttkicker Gamer Pro. Next Level Motion Platform V3.

It isnt really needed, unless you want your HOTAS to do things like turning ON-OFF its LEDs, or having a button do a function when pressed and a different one when released, or one button do two things in sequence (for example release the landing gear lock of the MiG-21, then move the LG handle down and then place the lock again .. I can do that with a single button press).

Thanks a lot,

I will wait with the software then. I'm pretty overwhelmed by everything as it is :D And it seems to work for now.