Targeting Ships

[VFA-106] Glacier

I get that the 802 anti-ship missles will, to some degree, seek out a target, but there's got to be a way to specify a target without the TPod, right? I've been running the anti-ship instant action mission, and at the start there's a dotted line terminating in a diamond, but the diamond isn't on the target, so I don't know its purpose. I assume it's an initial target designation before the missiles go pitbull. If that's its purpose, then how do I adjust the dotted white line? Is manual coordinate entry the only way to specify a naval target?

On a positive note, it's very cool to watch those 802s skimming the surface, then popping up at the end.

You can set the SPI with the radar, HUD, TGP. and you can also create a markpoint with those utilities.

The diamond is probably the rough location or something like that.

And if I were you, I'd dig into the quick guide in the docs folder, which describes the modes and when the seeker will activate.

The radar in SEA mode should show ships as green contacts. Once you lock it, you can fire the 802 at it.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

AG mode, power 802 missiles on, change ground radar to SEA 1 mode, on Radar MFD click CTRL button then DCLTR button ( Declutter ) this will remove all the white bars from AG radar. wait till you see a solid green return, move TDC over it press lock. Launch 802s no pods needed.

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.

You can set the SPI with the radar, HUD, TGP. and you can also create a markpoint with those utilities.

The diamond is probably the rough location or something like that.

And if I were you, I'd dig into the quick guide in the docs folder, which describes the modes and when the seeker will activate.

Could you give some quick info on how to set SPI using the HUD? Thanks

Not sure If it's a bug, but I seem to be able to spot a ship as a solid green rectangle icon in SEA mode in the anti-ship instant mission, and I'm able to lock it with SMTT(whatever that means). However, when I create a mission myself, the ship is no longer a solid rectangle, and I can only set it as SPI instead of locking it(no SMTT).

Am I missing something here?

Not sure If it's a bug, but I seem to be able to spot a ship as a solid green rectangle icon in SEA mode in the anti-ship instant mission, and I'm able to lock it with SMTT(whatever that means). However, when I create a mission myself, the ship is no longer a solid rectangle, and I can only set it as SPI instead of locking it(no SMTT).

Am I missing something here?

Be sure ship have some speed. Radar will not see not moving targets

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,