Hackers / Script kiddies / Planes Blowing Up??

FoxxyTrotty

Hi,

I was just flying in the "german aerobatic ground attack" server, it's more a Coop with respawning enemy ground/air units than aerobatic,, and after ~45 mins I randomly blew up, at about 19,000ft

The message said "Foxxy Trotty has killed himself" in global chat. Fair enough, a bug maybe. As i was typing in chat trying to figure out what happened, my f2 view on another player saw him blow up, again in the sky. Suddenly chat was filled with players "killing themselves" and it looked like the tail end of nibiru comet, as about 30 players proceeded to rain out of the sky, with aircraft completely destroyed, fire/smoke etc, all around the caucus map.

I know mission editor side, this is easy to do, and so if the german server has some secret trigger to do this, I can't say, but it seems unlikely. What seems more likely to me is that someone (a client) was able to inject mission code into the game, something like "all players setdamage=1"

interesting also was that I was in a harrier that spawns on the boat, the first slot in the list of all the players, and I was the first to explode/die. I can't tell if all other players died in order, as I wasn't thinking about that at the time, and quit after i saw everyone falling as a ruined server.

I have seen people randomly die before, but assumed it was down to lag, as it was never everyone. Any ideas here? Is it possible for a client to inject mission code, anyone can write, into the MP server of someone else? Seems very suspect if that is the case, as 1 person can literally ruin the online game, short of passwording every server.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

I very much doubt it was anything nefarious - you'd get that in your popular AAA FPS game but not something like this. Chances are it's either a bug (everyone warped into the ground for example) or as you say intentional in the mission. Open the track file and look at the mission to see if it was anything set. As to your question about client injecting code, very difficult to see that. If the MP server has integrity checks turned on then only a 'clean' client can execute and run the mission - any mods/tweaks etc.. then you can't join the server. My guess is a bug.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

I very much doubt it was anything nefarious - you'd get that in your popular AAA FPS game but not something like this. Chances are it's either a bug (everyone warped into the ground for example) or as you say intentional in the mission. Open the track file and look at the mission to see if it was anything set. As to your question about client injecting code, very difficult to see that. If the MP server has integrity checks turned on then only a 'clean' client can execute and run the mission - any mods/tweaks etc.. then you can't join the server. My guess is a bug.

If you believe that cheaters and "hackers" don't exist in DCS, you are quite away from reality. Ask any of the big server owners, 104th, Blue Flag and so on. Especially in recent months, there have been couple of occasions.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

June 13, 18:56-19:02 (time in the Czech Republic) it has happened at least hope that this will help but I only have 19 June the last track record I do not know how I do not get there

Edited by Bobik2002

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM