How much time do you have to play

wizav

Not enough without feeling guilty...

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

barely 2 hours over the whole weekend, every other weekend. If it's a long mission, I have to abandon it because it'll take too big a chunk out of the day.

Forget about it after work at night. Barely enough time to start up, fly around the airport and land.

Doubly forget about it if you're building a mission -- even a small one. That's easily a two hour exercise in itself.

1: Retired.

2: Grown up and gone

3: Sleep some.

I typically will do my gaming several hours a week, it varies a little as I do have golf on some days.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Happily I can't take my work home with me so I usually have roughly 1 hour per day to practice my DCS flying.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

With two young children and a consulting business that wont quit, I'm actually training myself to sleep less so I can get some wing time.

Still I manage to get about 2-4 hours a week in the pit.

And ocasionally with my little guy on my lap we do a quick 30 mins instant action bit bombing session.

Yeah.. I'll be proficient in about a decade or two at this pace.

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

I don't have much time to fly. If I am lucky.....one or two hours a day. But, I don't always use that time flying DCS. I have an 8 year old with an Xbox. He is limited in the time he is allowed to play his games. Since we live in the remote desert, he has no friends to come play with him so I am his playmate on the Xbox.

What little time I do have with DCS, I mostly enjoy.

I can play till my Wife gets pissed and tells me to get out,light the grill and mow the lawn....then it's pretty much GAME OVER :D

Wow!! My wife is happy when I'm playing DCS. It means I'm not in her way, or pestering her about trivial stuff. Basically it keeps me out of her hair.

• 2 months later...

I have around 1-2 hours per night to play, so it depends what I choose. Some nights may have even 3-4 hours if I'm lucky and others it's zero.

In addition to that I have some free time to spare around the day to do a few minutes of looking at documents or learning things...

I'd say all in all it's pretty good for a guy with work and a family.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron