DCS: F-16C Block 50 by EDSA

Drapion

Yes, both. It can carry pretty much everything you can imagine (cannon, Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, iron bombs, LGBs, JDAMs, CBUs, SDBs, Mavericks, HARMs, cruise missiles, nukes, ...). Sparrows and Harpoons have never been used with the F-16 in US service AFAIK, but other countries did.

Great news if so but I'm surprised. I thought the block 50s were early 90s variants. Presumably they've been constantly upgraded? It'd be nice if ED could tell us what precisely they're intending to model similar to what they did with the F18C.

Edit: It seems the JHMCS and 9X were operational sometime between 2001-2004 for USN and USAF.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news if so but I'm surprised. I thought the block 50s were early 90s variants. Presumably they've been constantly upgraded? It'd be nice if ED could tell us what precisely they're intending to model similar to what they did with the F18C.

Edit: It seems the JHMCS and 9X were operational sometime between 2001-2004 for USN and USAF.

Belgium has Block 30s and they have the JHMCS, although I don't think it is fitted to all of them as some that fly above my house have the enhanced helmet and some have normal helmets.

Yes they fly that low and slow over my house :) :pilotfly:

On the recent TV series featuring our local airbase we got to see one of the technicians taking the helmet apart to service it, some of the bits were censored tho :(

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Belgium has Block 30s and they have the JHMCS, although I don't think it is fitted to all of them as some that fly above my house have the enhanced helmet and some have normal helmets.

On the recent TV series featuring our local airbase we got to see one of the technicians taking the helmet apart to service it, some of the bits were censored tho :(

It's probably like our Vipers, not every mission has a requirement for the JHMCS, so they wear the standard HGU-55P.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

ED has tell us what they intent to model, is in the tittle of the thread. USAF block 50, the only thing we need know is the year. The USAF block 50 are early 90 variants and also the last was built 2001. They are constantly updated. When the first block 50 came out, they did not carry TGP, did not have helmet display and only mission was SEAD or DEAD. There has been a plethora of updates. I did not see JHMCS/AIM-9X until around 2007-2008, so when it starts depended on the unit. Units with higher changes of deployment tent to get the updates first. Here is a list of all USAF Block 50, we will get one of these.

Belgium has A model, From block 1 to block 15, some updated to block 20 standards and now even some block 50/52 avionics like the JMHCS. The engine are PW-200 updated to 220E standard. But like all F-16, they have many updates. The best way to tell Belgium A models is IIRC, they are the only F-16 in Europe that still have RWR antenna below the intake.

Here is a list of all Belgium F-16. Like Panther said, they don't use the helmet display every flight. The only way to tell if a specific F-16 has helmet display capability is to look for the sensor. On Belgium F-16, the sensor should be on the left side of the canopy.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I wonder if we are getting CFT's on the F-16C module.

No CFT, USAF never got them.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Yes, both. It can carry pretty much everything you can imagine (cannon, Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, iron bombs, LGBs, JDAMs, CBUs, SDBs, Mavericks, HARMs, cruise missiles, nukes, ...). Sparrows and Harpoons have never been used with the F-16 in US service AFAIK, but other countries did.

Sparrows where carried by USAF F-16 block 15 ADF. Cruise missiles on F-16 block 50, really? Never seen that outside of testing.

Edit:

The only ones I can think of are the AGM-154/158. But only seem them in test birds.

Edit 2:

I see them on Polish F-16 block 50+

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

The only ones I can think of are the AGM-154/158. But only seem them in test birds.

Yes, it was indeed the AGM-154 I had in mind when I said cruise missile, because I thought they are already operational on the F-16 in USAF service. Same with the AGM-158 although it wasn't the one I was thinking about when I said that.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Belgium has A model, From block 1 to block 15, some updated to block 20 standards and now even some block 50/52 avionics like the JMHCS. The engine are PW-200 updated to 220E standard. But like all F-16, they have many updates. The best way to tell Belgium A models is IIRC, they are the only F-16 in Europe that still have RWR antenna below the intake.

Here is a list of all Belgium F-16. Like Panther said, they don't use the helmet display every flight. The only way to tell if a specific F-16 has helmet display capability is to look for the sensor. On Belgium F-16, the sensor should be on the left side of the canopy.

Maybe I misheard the pilot when he said it was a block 30, could have been lost in translation, certainly it was not a 50/52 and only 2 MFDs

Certainly there is a lot of discussion going on here about whether to update the F16 again or go for a F35.

Not noticed any sensors on the cockpit but you can see the different shape of the helmet when they fly by. And yeah they are close enough that they will wave back to you if they see you :)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

and only 2 MFDs

Are there any F-16 with more than two MFDs? I never seen them. If you have a link, could you please posted? I seem some mockup or renders but never a active service aircraft cockpit photo with 3 MFD. I heard some are getting that, IIRC US ANG block 30 and some USAF Block 40/42/50/52 but I have not see how it looks.

To whom it may concern,

Are there any F-16 with more than two MFDs? I never seen them. If you have a link, could you please posted? I seem some mockup or renders but never a active service aircraft cockpit photo with 3 MFD. I heard some are getting that, IIRC US ANG block 30 and some USAF Block 40/42/50/52 but I have not see how it looks.

Pictures of mock up Block 60s have 3rd MFD. Haven't seen an actual picture though.

f16_full-e1268178026531.jpg

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Thanks but that is just a render sobek, I was hoping to see something like this USAF F-16D Block 50 from Shaw AFB. 91-0480

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3389368&postcount=939

This was back in Feb this year, so fairly recent I would say. Shaw AFB being part of ACC and units deploy frequently, they tent to be one of the first in line for updates/upgrades, but it still has only two MFDs.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

F-16C block 30 from the 457th fighter squadron AFRC/355th Fighter Squadron (active-duty associate squadron) with the new center pedestal display.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192290&d=1534625790

2099057903_Screenshot(16).thumb.png.503492629aa6d35bd9cc9d9eb08ffb84.png

cool, thanks. Sad part is I watch that video before and I don't think I notice.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Thanks. I can't believe I missed that it's going to be a USAF version.

Hopefully ED will include the drag chute as an option, since the rest of the worlds F-16's use them.

I doubt it since USAF Block 50 never use those either. Who does have landing drag chute?

Poland

Belgium used to have it but now house lectronics

Venezuelan A models

Danish B models

Turkish block 50+

RNLAF A models

Norway A model

Indonesia A model

ROCAF A model

Still looking for more, I have not found photos of Greece, Israel, Iraq, Morocco, Pakistan, Chile, Egypt, Jordan nor Oman using their drag chutes. Leaving USAF/USN, Italy, Thailand, Singapore, Portugal, Bahrain, ROKAF and UAE as the air forces without drag chute.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

DeathRaptor5,

Thank

SVTONY,

I wish you get you want. The problem is, that will open the floodgates. I have been here since 2005, even on the old website, I have seen it so many times. No matter what module they release, someone will want a different version with different capabilities. Go through the forums and see. From the P-51 to the Yak-52, from the Black Shark to the Gazelle, it has been repeated over and over.

They add the chute, some one else will want the PW-200 engine of a early A model. They add that and someone will want the radar/EO display. Another will want the WAR HUD, then someone will want the WAC HUD, one of the may different radars, on and on.

Aircraft like the F-16, Mig-21, F-4, etc. They have to stick to a specific version if not it will never end.

I am hopeful that they will stick to a specific version, a specific year, a specific country and a specific level of modeling. If not, we will have to many variable and no matter what people will still complain. If they modeled every version of the F-16, with every possible configuration, someone will make a thread of how confusing it is and how they wish it was a simplified version like a FC3 or MAC aircraft.

So whether they model a 1995 USAF block 50 with 30% accuracy or a 2010 USAF block 50 with 96% accuracy, I will be happy as long as they stick to it and don't start changing it.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

lol, yeah, what she said! Let me guess, you also want the JFS doors removed like the real Thunderbirds?

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

lol, yeah, what she said! Let me guess, you also want the JFS doors removed like the real Thunderbirds?

Nah it’s a block 50, Thunderbirds fly Block 52s.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

This occurs with every module.

The Module Modelled is stated, and then users want specific features that are from another block/export option.

F-5E, users want AGM65s and A2A Refueling etc, Not part of USAF Block.

F/A-18C, users want items specific to export versions.

F-15C Users want items from a newer block,

Same with Flankers and A-10C.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Are you sure this is danish? AFAIK no danish F-16's have the extended tail, nor do they have black numbers on the tail. Could be Norwegian?

This is Danish:

iStock_000045368038_Medium-630x3901-630x390.jpg

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Are you sure this is danish? AFAIK no danish F-16's have the extended tail, nor do they have black numbers on the tail. Could be Norwegian?

This is Danish:

iStock_000045368038_Medium-630x3901-630x390.jpg

Nope. :D

RNoAF

78-0305

To whom it may concern,