Change "Default Zoom"

Rhinozherous

Hello!

I am on the latest Beta and I use on my Warthog HOTAS the Mic switch FWD and AFT for "Zoom in slow" and "Zoom out slow".

I have set Mic Switch UP to "Zoom Normal" but this a bit too far zoomed in... Is there a way to change the normal zoom level?

I already have found a few topics and tried to change the default snapviews cfg. But this changed only the zoom in the first view when I enter the cockpit on mission start. When I use my Mic Switch UP for "Normal Zoom" it zooms again too much in.

Thank you!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

First thing - make sure you're editing the 'SnapViews.lua' and not 'SnapViewsDefault.lua'

Then find this bit of code.....

[13] = {--default view
	viewAngle = 83.847038,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 0.000000,
	vAngle	 = -12.471437,
	x_trans	 = 0.358480,
	y_trans	 = -0.041337,
	z_trans	 = 0.000084,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,

....and set the 'viewangle' (FOV) to what you want.

One thing to note - when you first enter the cockpit the FOV will not be e.g 83.8xxxx so you need to hit 'reset zoom' using Keypad_Enter.

First thing - make sure you're editing the 'SnapViews.lua' and not 'SnapViewsDefault.lua'

Then find this bit of code.....

[13] = {--default view
	viewAngle = 83.847038,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 0.000000,
	vAngle	 = -12.471437,
	x_trans	 = 0.358480,
	y_trans	 = -0.041337,
	z_trans	 = 0.000084,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,

....and set the 'viewangle' (FOV) to what you want.

One thing to note - when you first enter the cockpit the FOV will not be e.g 83.8xxxx so you need to hit 'reset zoom' using Keypad_Enter.

So far I looked into the "View" folder in Saved Games and in the main directory of DCS... all I am able to find is the "SnapViewsDefault.lua" also there is a "View.lua" which not containing your code snippet. But no "SnapViews.lua".

I do not have to create it myself?

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

So far I looked into the "View" folder in Saved Games and in the main directory of DCS... all I am able to find is the "SnapViewsDefault.lua" also there is a "View.lua" which not containing your code snippet. But no "SnapViews.lua".

I do not have to create it myself?

It should create itself, assuming you've run the game at least once, and particularly if you've tried to make changes ie a snap view.

In any event, changing name of the "SnapViewsDefault.lua" to "SnapViews.lua" in Saved Games should do it.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hello!

I am on the latest Beta and I use on my Warthog HOTAS the Mic switch FWD and AFT for "Zoom in slow" and "Zoom out slow".

I have set Mic Switch UP to "Zoom Normal" but this a bit too far zoomed in... Is there a way to change the normal zoom level?

I already have found a few topics and tried to change the default snapviews cfg. But this changed only the zoom in the first view when I enter the cockpit on mission start. When I use my Mic Switch UP for "Normal Zoom" it zooms again too much in.

Thank you!

"Normal Zoom"

If want to change the default (Numpad 5) view reset.

Take a look at this thread here Rhinozherous.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link