2.5.1.16978 update 1 PMRG DEAD?

wizav

After update it seems that PMRG isn't working anymore.

HSI Glideslope singals = dead (+) do not react to anything.

Tested 3 times without success.

Cheers.

edit: some people report it's working fine.

I've tested Senaki (14) 3 times.

Edited by wizav

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It might be airbase related then. I only tried Instant Cold Start mission (Nalchik) and during the landing the system worked OK.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It might be airbase related then. I only tried Instant Cold Start mission (Nalchik) and during the landing the system worked OK.

Nope.

Confirmed PMRG Glideslope is DEAD.

I don't know how people land their Mig21s but I land manually with PMRG glide slope which doesn't work anywhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are we talking about glideslope needle on KPP or NPP anyway? I admit I always use the NPP, so didn't notice if the KPP worked or not. The pointer on the NPP did show glideslope OK, though. Disappeared in the latest phase of approach, but I couldn't say if it was because of bug or me messing up the glidepath. Will have to test more tomorrow.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Are we talking about glideslope needle on KPP or NPP anyway? I admit I always use the NPP, so didn't notice if the KPP worked or not. The pointer on the NPP did show glideslope OK, though. Disappeared in the latest phase of approach, but I couldn't say if it was because of bug or me messing up the glidepath. Will have to test more tomorrow.

NPP :)

I use that one

That one doesn't work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just tried OB version. PRMG for Batumi was showing on KPP instrument and partially on NPP.

When high "G" bar was being drawn behind some layers. I could see the bar through the "K" validity flag window. Then as I approached on glideslope the "G" bar slides in from left to right drawn on top. This happened at the first solid white dot below the large open bubble on the KPP. The process was also reversible, climbing above the g/s had the "G" slide laterally off the left side of the display and could be seen again drawn behind by looking through the open "K" validity flag window.

"K" bar was drawn central regardless of indication providing no useful lateral information.

Command and automatic guidance bank-pitch bars did function although jittered quickly on the KPP. Same on Kobuleti. Conclusion is that PRMG is functioning nominally as intended but there are animation issues with the NPP K/G bar display.

===

As an aside I did notice that the set course knob is initializing the reciprocal of the course determined by my spawning heading. This causes all RSBN-Nav steering to be to the opposite course until remedied.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried descend mode and than switching to landing mode RW04 at Maykop.

Descend worked good with the director needles on KPP.

After switching to landing mode, the NPP showed localizer needle correct, but glideslope was not working.

Just tried descend mode and than switching to landing mode RW04 at Maykop.

Descend worked good with the director needles on KPP.

After switching to landing mode, the NPP showed localizer needle correct, but glideslope was not working.

It seems to me as well that Glideslope is not working, are you on the latest 2.5.2. ver?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On my test, I was on the than newest Open Beta version.

Haven't retested in the last update (with the F-18 early access) yet.

Edit: Retested in current open beta

2018-06-04 15:42:10.184 INFO DCS: DCS/2.5.2.18144 (x86_64; Windows NT 10.0.17134)

2018-06-04 15:42:10.184 INFO DCS: DCS revision: 138144

2018-06-04 15:42:10.184 INFO DCS: Renderer revision: 16676

2018-06-04 15:42:10.184 INFO DCS: Terrain revision: 16775

Definitly not working in Maykop, glideslope needle is always at the top end of it's moving during landing mode:

Screen_180604_190148_maykop_too_high.png?raw=1

Screen_180604_190847_Maykop.png?raw=1

Will add defect to bugtracker.

Edited by gulredrel

• 1 month later...
On my test, I was on the than newest Open Beta version.

Haven't retested in the last update (with the F-18 early access) yet.

Edit: Retested in current open beta

2018-06-04 15:42:10.184 INFO DCS: DCS/2.5.2.18144 (x86_64; Windows NT 10.0.17134)

2018-06-04 15:42:10.184 INFO DCS: DCS revision: 138144

2018-06-04 15:42:10.184 INFO DCS: Renderer revision: 16676

2018-06-04 15:42:10.184 INFO DCS: Terrain revision: 16775

Definitly not working in Maykop, glideslope needle is always at the top end of it's moving during landing mode:

Screen_180604_190148_maykop_too_high.png?raw=1

Screen_180604_190847_Maykop.png?raw=1

Will add defect to bugtracker.

Actually, also the localiser needle on NPP works incorrectly, at least according to the manual ( p.118 ) and how it works in L-39. On the first picture above it should be to the left of the middle line, because you need to turn left to align with the runway. Look at the cue on the top of KPP: it is to the left and this should be consistent with NPP.

Furthermore, turning on the command landing mode on SAU does not make the flight director needles on KPP to actually direct you in the RSBN landing mode, they remain fixed.

It appears that there are a fair amount of bugs surrounding the RSBN system. :(

Edited by -Martin-

• 4 weeks later...

Latest OB Caucasus.

PRMG at Krymsk rwy 04 is to sensitive 1deg off & you lose both LOC/GS.

Haven't tested the rest of airfields but I imagine it's the same.

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey CoBlue, I just went and tested and I could get PRMG to work at Kobuleti, Kutatsi, and Senaki. Which airport did you try it on, and which direction did you start your approach from?

Hey man. I tested Kobuleti, Krymsk, Anapa, Mozdok, Krasnodar. Air-start. Chanel's are correct, Land mode on, RSBN on, course set correct, 1000m, 25km out, straight in app. I get RSBN distance & PRMG localizer needle. But I don't get any glide-slope & the white lower square is white on HSI?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.