Whats changed?

Yeti42

Hello everyone,

It's been over 2 years since I've "played" DCS, after catching a glimpse of the F18 and upcoming Tomcat, I dusted off my rig and spent the next week trying to get it back in a playable state. I'm basically wondering what's changed and which new modules to shell out my well earned cash on.... So I've purchased the F/A 18 and the F5E to add to my stable and also also purchased all the new terrains. I've realized 1.5 has been deprecated and everyone is now on 2.5 which has a new graphics engine. My main question is how are the old beta versions of the Hawk, Mirage etc shaping up and are there any monumental changes in functionality between 1.5 and 2.5 apart from the sweeter more efficient graphics? I could probably go through all the change logs to find out but I can't be a#$%d.

Thanks in advance

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

Hello everyone,

It's been over 2 years since I've "played" DCS, after catching a glimpse of the F18 and upcoming Tomcat, I dusted off my rig and spent the next week trying to get it back in a playable state. I'm basically wondering what's changed and which new modules to shell out my well earned cash on.... So I've purchased the F/A 18 and the F5E to add to my stable and also also purchased all the new terrains. I've realized 1.5 has been deprecated and everyone is now on 2.5 which has a new graphics engine. My main question is how are the old beta versions of the Hawk, Mirage etc shaping up and are there any monumental changes in functionality between 1.5 and 2.5 apart from the sweeter more efficient graphics? I could probably go through all the change logs to find out but I can't be a#$%d.

Thanks in advance

The Mirage is working pretty well now. Can't say anthing about the Hawk. One of the major new features of DCS is the support of VR.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hawk has many issues but the aircraft is extremely capable. Harrier is better and Razbam has added resources to fix it.

Viggen and Mirage would be two of the first picks. And Persian Gulf.

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Yep, I bought the Hawk way back and wasn't that impressed although it was an early version... IMHO. Mirage I also have already, can't remember if it was a PFM though, I've decided to stick with PFM modules from now on.

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4