[REPORTED] switching controls between pilots damages the airplane

Mnemonic

When another pilot takes control, L39 receives a strong force impulse, that in the very least - can blackout pilots, and at worse - damages the airplane. Just today (latest beta 2.5.5.33552) we flew with a crewmate and in the stable flight, controls neutral, when we switch the control between each other - aircraft visibly "jerks", and pilots black out for a few seconds, once during this "jump" we lost a left aileron.

This is during level flight, no stress, just by pressing the button "Request aircraft control".

Meanwhile multicrew is a broken feature because of this.

You can do it safely and consistently by doing a full stop, do the swap, than go. I suspect our sticks don't have the same definition of neutral, so best to remove all simulated force on the controls before attempting a swap.

I had the same. I joined a pilot mid flight, and his flaps detached when I took control. PLus the landing gear was having an issue deciding if it was up or down 60 times a second.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

• 1 month later...

The squeaky bearing gets the grease.

I know it took months to get the rear canopy bug fixed, even after several posts that showed a repeatable problem and the simple fix for it, even.

A proper bug report, with caps in the title has to be submitted and supported by others, which is hard as only a few people fly the 39, and also a polite PM or two is sent until an answer is provided one way or another.

I would be posting bugs if I was flying, but life has me month's away from that for now.

• 3 months later...

As of yesterday this bug was still present. Having the server host in the priority seat, selected in mission editor, seems to brake the aircraft. When the host was the “student” however, switching controls did not cause damage. This was not extensively tested though.

I’m always trying to recommend the L-39 because it’s a complete module, but I’m finding that recommendation harder and harder to make since you can’t even use its unique feature.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

As of yesterday this bug was still present. Having the server host in the priority seat, selected in mission editor, seems to brake the aircraft. When the host was the “student” however, switching controls did not cause damage. This was not extensively tested though.

I’m always trying to recommend the L-39 because it’s a complete module, but I’m finding that recommendation harder and harder to make since you can’t even use its unique feature.

That's a big true...

BIGNEWY, how about adding this to the bug tracking??? Any news on this with the UH-1H multicrew? It can help with this??

BTW: Quite off-topic, but the C101 has the same issue, except that the plane doesn't "jettison" the flaps and wing, but it has this "force" and blackouts!

ED FIX THIS PLS!!!!

• ED Team

Hi all

Sorry I have overlooked this thread, please feel free to PM me next time.

We have a reported control issue when player enters the aircraft, front seat should be occupied first at the moment.

I dont see a report for the damage being done.

If possible please attach a track replay and I will investigate

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Awesome! Here is a track.

At first I, the host, joins the back seat of a spawned L-39. Instructor has priority. Taking controls is fine but when I return them to the front pilot we suffer damage due to aircraft stress.

When we switch seats though, the transition of controls to the front pilot is seamless.

We live about 60 kilometers from eachother and we have 100/100 MBit vs 150/50 MBit connections. Ping is 20.

L-39 Switching ctrl.trk

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

• ED Team

Thanks for the track,

Sadly for me it does not show any damage being done when you switch cockpits.

I will try and reproduce on my machine.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thanks, it will help knowing what to look for when we test it, thank you.

@BIGNEWY, there is very easy way how to destroy L-39 using multicrew...set in mission editor Aircraft Control Priority as Equally Responsible. Get into L-39 as Instructor (in multiplayer) and start pressing "J" a lot... aircraft will jump into air and disintegrate very soon.

I am not sure why, but one of tracks does not show L-39 at all. (that with 230049)

L-39Test.miz

server-20200107-230049.trk

L-39Test-20200107-230105.trk

Edited by danvac
Lazy with attachements...

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi

thanks for the tracks.

We have been trying to reproduce this on our server but have been unable, at this point we think it is related to network / dsync but we will continue to check.

Edited by BIGNEWY

edit: my further comment relates to a problem which is handled in another topic

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1