How to use ME advanced WPT action to board helicopter

i want to ask soldier to board mi-8

i tried the ME Advanced WPT for both soldier and mi-8, but it doesn't work

how can i do it WITHOUT extra script?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Unfortunately, at the best of times, I've not found native methods to be very reliable.

But here is how it is supposed to work ...

For troop/soldier group:

- create two waypoints (source, destination)

- set first waypoint to: "Perform Task" > "Embark to transport"

- set next waypoint to: "Perform Task" > "Disembark"

For lift mission helo group:

- set first waypoint to: "Perform Task" > "Embarking"

- select load (Add/remove); might need to click "distribution"

- Needs to be placed really close to troops; chose formation that supports this if needed

So, e.g., waypoint #1 of helo will correspond, or be very near to, waypoint #1 of troop (though, of course, if you want help to fly a particular route, it can be waypoint #9, for e.g.). Helo will fly to this waypoint, land, and, if troops are nearby enough AND have their own waypoint in this location set to "Embark to transport", they will load. Helo will then fly directly to waypoint #2 of embarked troop group (i.e., not the helo group).

I think you might also have to explicit assign particular unit of soldier to particular unit of helo if multiple.

In general, the whole thing is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very fragile and unreliable, prone to breaking.

I infinitely prefer using CTLD or MOOSE. E.g. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2758768

Edited by Bearfoot

Ah, it looks like in the thread that I linked to above, I provide some more notes on using native methods to load/unload:

Loading/Unloading Troops Without the CTLD Library

Troop loading/unloading can be done using "native" code, i.e., without using the CTLD:

• Create and place troop

1. Set first waypoint (which is the pick-up point) to: "Perform Task" > "Embark to transport"
  2. Set next waypoint (which is the drop-off point) to: "Perform Task" > "Disembark"

[*] Create lift

• Set first waypoint (which is the pick-up point within 150m of the troops) to: "Perform Task" > "Embarking"
  • Select load (Add/remove); might need to click "distribution"

The lift will fly directly from the pick-up point to the next waypoint of the TROOP. It does not seem that you can control the flight path to the drop zon or back from the drop zone.

The advantage of this approach is that the aircraft weight actually changes when loading troops.

The disadvantage of this approach is everything else.

It does not work well with multi-unit transport groups, because transport aircraft have to to land within a particular distance from the troops without killing them. While you can control the landing of the lead ship, the remainder are pretty difficult to manage, resulting in, at best, troops not getting loaded, and at worst, helicopters crashing into each other. This problem is there with the CTLD approach as well, but here you have control over the size of the pick-up zone, extending it as large as you need to fit in all the lift ships, and, in addition, you do not need to actually have troops in the zone.

More problematic is the inability to control the flight part of the transport ingress: they go directly to the second waypoint of the ground troops and then return. This means fine control of landing approaches, egress, etc., not to mention rally/hold points does not seem possible.

Thanks Bearfoot, will have a try

Excuse my stepping in here. But wasn`t this feature in ME broken for quiet a while ??????????????

If there is any new info on that, PLEASE let me know.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet