AvioDev will be attending International Airshow Aire'75

JuanOscar

AvioDev will be attending International Airshow Aire'75

aire75.jpg

We would like to announce that we will be attending the International Airshow Aire'75 at Torrejon de Ardoz Air Base on the 11th October with our C-101 Simulator for DCS. Together with our partners from Logykal, we will also have a motion cockpit, Logykal Motion 2DOF and the Oculus Rift. It will be the first time the public will have the opportunity to not only see but to fly the C-101 in its late stage of development. The C-101, with the Logykal Motion 2DOF and the Oculus Rift, will combine to form a highly realistic and challenging experience.

Nos gustaría anunciar que vamos a estar presentes en el Festival Aéreo Aire 75 en la B.A. de Torrejón de Ardoz el próximo 11 de octubre, con nuestro simulador del C-101 para DCS y junto a nuestros partners de Logykal, con su cabina de movimiento, Logykal Motion 2DOF y el Oculus Rift. Esta será la primera vez que vais a tener la oportunidad, no sólo de ver, sino de volar el C-101 en la última versión de desarrollo, combinado con la cabina de movimiento Logykal Motion 2DOF y las Oculus Rift. Transformándose en una experiencia altamente realista y todo un reto.

The Airshow website:

http://www.aire75.es/

Logykal FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Logykal/1421862068066958

Fasten your seatbelts!:pilotfly:

Edited by JuanOscar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Have a good time, and good luck showing off your C-101

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Remember to take pictures and video(!) of the C-101 :)

I wish I could be there.

Chain

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

• 3 weeks later...

AIRE'75 DEBRIEFING

-------------------------------------------------

Despite the weather we managed to get our C-101 simulator running in combination with the Logykal Motion 2DOF platform, and the Oculus Rift 3D glasses. During Friday we had several problems with the hardware. It was a very long day, and by the evening without lighting we had to leave testing of the simulator until early Saturday.

By 07:00 of Saturday we were already back on base, ready to check everything, but a last minute problem appeared: power wasn't arriving to the stand. An hour later, we resolved issue and we proceeded to make the last checks of the systems ready for the public.

Before we knew it, the line in front of the stand to try the sim was a non-stop. Many people of all ages were trying the sim, and we were working hard to configure the system for people as some wanted to try Oculus and others just a normal set-up.

Towards the end of the day, heavy rains appeared, forcing us to have to shutdown the simulator for safety and to protect the equipment. It was a very busy and exhausting day, but very interesting. We wanted to allow people more time to try the simulator, but given how many people wanted to try it, it wasn't possible.

This event has made us learn and observe some details. I think we had many children wanting to try the simulator, which is very good, but we also believe that due the complexity of a hardcore product like this, is not suited for them, and there was other activities on the platform more fitted for young audience, this is something we will have to study in future events that may arise. Still I think they had fun trying to control a military aircraft, and they would surely realize that it is not trivial matter.

We would like to thank the Spanish Air Force for giving us the opportunity to participate in the Festival Aire'75 and from here we would like to congratulate them on their 75th anniversary. We would also like to say thank you to everyone who made it possible to present the simulator to the public, and for their help and assistance in setting it up.

Thank you so much from AvioDev!

A pesar de una meteo complicada conseguimos poner nuestro simulador del C-101 en marcha, junto a la Logykal Motion 2DOF y las Oculus Rift. Desde el viernes ya nos encontramos con diversos problemas que tuvimos que ir solucionando. Fue un día largo, y ya sin luz tuvimos que dejar las últimas pruebas para el siguiente día a primera hora.

Sin muchas horas de sueño, el sábado a las 07:00 ya nos encontrábamos en plataforma para poner todo en marcha, pero un problema de última hora apareció. No llegaba alimentación al stand, así que nos tuvimos que mover rápido para solucionar el problema. Una hora después por fin conseguimos hacer llegar la alimentación y arrancamos la cabina para hacer las última configuraciones y pruebas.

A partir de ahí, la cola en el stand para probar no cesó en todo el día, mucha gente, y de todas las edades, lo cual se convirtió en un reto, ya que sumado a la diferencia de conocimientos en vuelo virtual, se juntó las diferencias de estatura, siendo complicado ajustar las oculus y el cockpit cada vez.

Hacia el final de la jornada, una intensa lluvia hizo acto de presencia, obligándonos a tener que apagar el simulador y taparlo para evitar cualquier daño, y con esto para las demostraciones. Fue un día agotador, para a la vez muy interesante. Nos hubiera gustado que la gente hubiese podido probar más en profundidad el simulador, pero debido a la continua cola, no fue posible.

Este evento nos ha hecho aprender, y darnos cuenta de algunos detalles. Creo que tuvimos muchos niños con ganas de probar el simulador, lo cual es muy bueno, pero también creemos que por la complejidad de un producto hardcore como es este, no está enfocado hacia ellos, y habían otras actividades en la plataforma más orientada hacia el público infantil, esto es algo que tendremos que estudiar en futuros eventos que se puedan plantear. Aun así creo que lo pasaron bien intentando controlar un avión militar y a buen seguro se darían cuenta de que no es algo trivial.

Por último dar las gracias al Ejército del Aire, por darnos la oportunidad de participar en el Festival Aire'75 y desde aquí les felicitamos por su 75 aniversario.

También felicitar a todos los compañeros que hicieron posible que el simulador estuviese listo y funcionando . Por último y no menos importante, gracias a todos los amigos y aficionados que se acercaron al stand para probar el C-101 y simplemente para saludar o interesarse.

Muchas gracias a todos de parte de AvioDev!

1620497_1505272426393914_3101109734852399964_n.jpg.a49b872d8a896d705447d9c0324639c2.jpg

IMAG0886.thumb.jpg.9767db697d8be5c700768b850872a2ea.jpg

IMAG0882.thumb.jpg.043b189490373a93e54195fb079a207a.jpg

IMAG0878.thumb.jpg.a3241175331335d28434e60b37529741.jpg

IMAG0870.thumb.jpg.b156a5983336aaa93773488578a4f71b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

good to see you overcame the weather issues, and thanks for sharing the pictures here.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sounds it was a success. Great!

Any movies? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks for updating, sad i missed it, hopefully next time. Is it an anual venue?

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

This event has made us learn and observe some details. I think we had many children wanting to try the simulator, which is very good, but we also believe that due the complexity of a hardcore product like this, is not suited for them, and there was other activities on the platform more fitted for young audience, this is something we will have to study in future events that may arise. Still I think they had fun trying to control a military aircraft, and they would surely realize that it is not trivial matter.

A free simulator demo at an air show might seem like it's the proper target audience for your product demo, but it's really not. The fact that the demo was free meant that it attracted children with cheap parents looking to pre-occupy their children at a location where there are very few interactive displays. These people have no interest in purchasing a flight simulator, they're just interested in pre-occupying their children with cheap (free) entertainment. This sort of mindset tends to bring out the worst sort of people who actually find it funny to damage hardware being used to demo the sim. I suggest charging $1/minute to use a sim at an air show to keep out people that have no real interest in the flight sim and are just looking for a cheap way to babysit their kids for 15 minutes. Also do the $1/minute as reservations in 10 minute increments, so you don't have a line of angry impatient people waiting. They just come back when it's time and give the flight instructor their reservation card and get their allocated seat time. Reservations means you can sell out a whole day of flights as early as noon and be able to actually have a paying audience of people that want to know about the sim. The cost of admission truly helps. I think you're going to find that while events like this are fun, they do not give you a bounce directly in sales. If done right, they are a fun experience to host though and might actually break even.

Take my opinion as from someone who has staffed flight simulators at air shows for years now. Your target audience is at cross odds with an air show venue unless you charge for seat time. Those that are willing to pay for seat time are most likely also interested in the flight sim itself. Either way, there is not enough throughput at an air show to see a spike in sales or perception of what you're actually trying to demo. The average air show attendee just wants to experience a free amusement ride at your expense. Price of admission keeps the riffraff out and ensures that you can schedule proper demo of things to people who actually want to experience it in a controlled environment via an instructor demoing it.

If your goal was to get get the word out for your product, an air show is the wrong venue. If your goal was to get marketing and promotion photos of large crowds using your products, it would be useful. Really depends upon what your end goal was though. Be mindful that you goals for demoing at an air show are often not the same goals the average air show attendee's are.

Edited by BHawthorne

I respect your opinion, but I would certainly not pay 10$ for a 10 minutes flight. I spend most of my free time on flight sim, but 10$ is, after all, buying the F15 again to play 10minutes with it. I feel like its pay-publicity : yes, some people might be interested, but I disagree with such philosophy.

Well, that looks like a mean statement... "cheap parents" etc...

I just want to express my disaproval for your explanation. I am a parent, I use any ocasion to let my son touch/use of anything new or less common things whenever I do have this oportunity. This makes me cheap also... in your acception.

From all those kids with "cheap parents" maybe over years some of them will remember that experience and even will raise some more interests to revive it or even more....

You are definetly not a parent ;)

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

• 9 months later...

Just read this thread and I think every contribution is made in the right spirit and there is enough truth to go around AND around.

I just came to comment that I am impressed that AvioDev is doing this kind of activity. Keep the fire, Avio but don't burn out.

Also wouldn't it be kinda great if there actually was a DCS module that was suitable for children. Something with a system element but without requiring a 100 page manual. Something kid size with a 5 page manual and handful of buttons and switches. DCS: Avio Funjet?

Also wouldn't it be kinda great if there actually was a DCS module that was suitable for children. Something with a system element but without requiring a 100 page manual. Something kid size with a 5 page manual and handful of buttons and switches. DCS: Avio Funjet?

That's the F-15 :music_whistling:

Digging in for the following flame-war :chair:

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: