True story about work

RyboPops

Flight sims are probably more work-related. At least when you're working for LM. Throw in some KSP and you're completely safe. ;)

Or maybe health related issues would warrant an expected degradation of performance and thus the prospect of termination would be more likely? :music_whistling:

I dunno about that last part, but the first part is definitely true. The ED, KSP and P3D forums are the ones I visit most. I was actually given permission to use company time (with an appropriate charge number) to do P3D v4 beta testing when things on my program were in "hurry up and wait" mode.

Call yourself lucky!

I am even more amazed that you are allowed by firewall rules to even get there.

I'd fire the firewall admin by allowing you to get there 1st place and WHY would they allow you do surf to medical sites is beyond my understanding of safe computing in a company that is targeted every day.

They should review their blocking and filtering rules.

One of my customers fired a few of their employees for accessing hotmail and eventually infecting several computers by opening "bad" email.

Upon my suggestion they bought a different Firewall and rolled out a block-all rule set.

They nowadays only surf the websites in the whitelist...no more YP, YT, HT etc...and no one lost hos job anymore.

Yeah...there is one PC still going to "strange" sites, but that is the local managers PC that has no block-all rule set. I am just waiting for the day when ther big boss calls me and wants the logs for THAT computer..LoL. They cant say they havent been warned.

Lazy admins are a companies doom, just read the news of today...same exploit..same story..LMAO.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

@BitMaster - that's why for work, I only trust Ubuntu, while for gaming, I use that X-Box port OS called Windows. ;) I find it funny how large corporations (and government agencies) rely on an inherently insecure OS for their day-to-day business operations.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

@BitMaster - that's why for work, I only trust Ubuntu, while for gaming, I use that X-Box port OS called Windows. ;) I find it funny how large corporations (and government agencies) rely on an inherently insecure OS for their day-to-day business operations.

Linux's approach with user rights is indeed the better way but IN NO WAY idiot-proof.

There are dozens over dozens of those vulnerabilities in every major Linux distro, make no mistake here. Escalting user rights and off the show goes, regardless of what OS you use, worst atm is OSX, it's just the one that is least targeted, also,make no mistake here in believeing in it is secure, it is very far from that.

The only secure PC is one that is OFFLINE :noexpression:

The infection of the past 2 days in Ukraine and elsewhere used the same exploit (partly) as WannaCry did but this time, even patched computers got infected. So I assume the patch is not worth a penny.

Keep sensible stuff away from the internet, use strict rules and apply to them and you MAY BE partly safe, that is the bloody truth.

I wouldnt be surpised if they set off some weapons, nuclear reactors, dams etc. to name the real bad things that might happen in the future. The threat vector has changed as have the potential targets.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

One of my customers fired a few of their employees for accessing hotmail and eventually infecting several computers by opening "bad" email.

All personal email websites are blocked here too. Most gaming stuff is too (476th vFG website, for example, is blocked), but some of them slip through the cracks I guess.

Various UNIX derivatives are used for all secure processing here as well.

For personal lunch break surfing they should have a ded. room with off-site PCs that have zero connection to the LM network in any way.

Still, I would query the rules used at a meeting. Wrong approach from start up

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk