Lost my Huey:(

kaboki

After changing my install to the steam version I can't find my huey in DCS.

Have no idea how to get it back, now it says "buy" when i click on it in the main screen, and I know I have bought it sometime ago.

:helpsmilie:

Specs:

Intel i7 3770k 3.5Ghz, Nvidia GTX980 4GB, 8gb RAM

Did you buy it under Steam or DCS World? Because you will find that if you didn't buy it in Steam, you will not be able to use your licence for it within Steam. You can however use Steam licence modules within the free standing version of DCS World.

Ah, I think I bought it outside of steam, but it's a long time ago and I have been away from DCS for awhile so I have forgot how it all works.

So if I install the "standalone" version I will get my Huey back?? A little bit unconvinient as I love steam and prefer having DCS there, damn...

Also do I need the serials for my modules when I reinstall the non steam version? If so, where do I get my huey licence as I seem to have lost it:(

Specs:

As above, if you brought it outside of steam then the key will not activate through steam. There is no way to import it into it. You will have to purchase the module again to get it into steam.

AFAIK there is big red writing warning of this on the product pages :)

Pman

Just trying to help, for what its worth this limitation is the same for all products, not just belsimtek's

Pman

I didn't buy the A10c from steam, guess what, it works fine, I assumed it would be the same for the rest of the modules, guess I was wrong.

Specs:

Guess I didn't see that "big red warning" wich by the way ain't that big and at the time I bought I didn't use steam so it was easy to miss, can't remember I saw it when I bought it.

Got dammit, this is bullshit. I'll ditch the huey and never look back(won't buy any more belsimtek products either), I refuse too buy the same product twice!!

Just go back to the non steam version if your having issues and you should have your Huey. It was announced a long time ago that Steam was no longer going to accept serial keys from ED but you can still bring your Steam keys over to the ED version. Sorry you missed the memo.

There should be a BIG RED sign on ED's frontpage warning all customers that this is a different version from the steam version and that everything bought on the website will not work in steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the small writing in red in the shopping cart doesn't cut it)

Any chance for a refund of the Huey so I can go and buy it on steam and continue enjoying this game or do I have to get pissed of everytime I see the ED logo and thinking about the time when they stole my module I payed with hard earned honest cash?(Im 100% sure that it didn't say anything about not working in steam at the time I bought it)

And to "others" saying I should just use the standalone version, there is a reason I installed it on steam, it's convinient, fast download times and easier to keep track of what games I have installed. I originally had it outside steam, I changed it for a reason.

Specs:

I can never understand why anyone would want to run DCS World in Steam. Are there any advantages?

I guess there are many things you never would understand........

My personal reasons are, whenever I reinstall I have 1 place to go too instead of having to go through millions of different websites and installers, I have all my games in one list so it's easy to see what is installed, very convinient to not have to worry about downloading patches as steam do it automaticly for me and the download speeds are great.... What more reasons do I need?

Specs:

I guess there are many things you never would understand........

My personal reasons are, whenever I reinstall I have 1 place to go too instead of having to go through millions of different websites and installers, I have all my games in one list so it's easy to see what is installed, very convinient to not have to worry about downloading patches as steam do it automaticly for me and the download speeds are great.... What more reasons do I need?

Well for one thing on Steam you get patches later, you get releases later, you dont get access to beta releases, sales are with less discounts than from the ED store, and despite you experiencing faster download times, I cannot say the same at all. And I have a gigabit connection so it's definitely not my issue.

Keep all your other games in steam, that's perfectly reasonable and I do the same - but DCS is better served as a standalone without Steam running. The overlay tends to give bugs as well.

• 1 year later...

I wanna cry...

I want it all my way and able to use it on Steam and Stand Alone both.... LOL...

So are you saying if I purchase planes, etc. on Steam I can import them and use the STEAM code to activate the same in Stand Alone but not if I purchase in DCS stand alone I cannot use it in Steam....

This is all getting so confusing...

Sometime I want to play with friends that have been and are on Steam without having a hard time connecting with them.

For all modules released before Mirage, old business model applies: key purchased on Steam will work both in Steam and standalone copy, but key purchased in ED shop will work ONLY in standalone copy. So with Huey, you've understood it right and you're still good to go, as long as you buy the key on Steam (edit: or maybe use the method TaxmanTom suggested above? Never tried it so cannot comment on how it works).

For Mirage and all modules released after, new business model applies and keys from both sources are NOT interchangeable in any way anymore.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

After changing my install to the steam version I can't find my huey in DCS.

Have no idea how to get it back, now it says "buy" when i click on it in the main screen, and I know I have bought it sometime ago.

:helpsmilie:

You can get your key from digitalcombatsimulator.com site. Just login then profile here you can find your DCS - Huey key

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language