Micro Development Update

Cobra847

Roger, so if the Forrestal will not have its proper age scorts at release, can we request ED the buildup of a USN 70s,80s Asset Pack?

Of course we can:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=438

recent one:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=275346

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hey there Mike!

How much of the new features implemented in the 120 (i think mostly of autopilot related ones) can be reused on the 54? Will those help with the mid course trajectory and guidance?

Thanks for the updates! :thumbup:

I really would not know to answer that question, this is basically what we are waiting for from ED, and as they are still developing their side, we just have to wait a bit, but recently aim7s got adjusted, etc and so progress is visible. Once we can adjust guidance, yes, mid course trajectory will be improved, because the active command will happen at 16s TTI, and not 7nm, like now. This means that the overall arc of the missile is smoother and it does not bleed off so much energy with the last second pull it does now. OTOH if the target is lost before it goes active that missile be lost then, too.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Roger that! :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Are there any plans to bring the Phoenix to the new missile FM just like what the 120 got? I realize it's far from a trivial task, but just curious

The FM of the phoenix does not need any kind of overhaul or update. We invested quite a substantial amount in the CFD of the phoenix and the fm is as close to reality as we can make it. What needs to change is guidance, which atm negatively impacts the fm as it introduces behavior that is counter productive to how the missile is supposed to behave when guided correctly.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Mission Editor Wing Fold

Will the folded wing state in the editor for placing aircraft on an aircraft carrier ever be implemented? If it was it would take a bit of stress off mission makers and prevent the need for using the old F-14A model as an outline.

Will the folded wing state in the editor for placing aircraft on an aircraft carrier ever be implemented? If it was it would take a bit of stress off mission makers and prevent the need for using the old F-14A model as an outline.

Yes please, it's a small thing but it would mean so much for mission creators

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Speaking of, will the optional HGU-55 helmet ship with the A?

Would very much like to see this as well, though not as pushy as it being with the "A". I'd just like to know if it's actually coming at some point here.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Would very much like to see this as well, though not as pushy as it being with the "A". I'd just like to know if it's actually coming at some point here.

Well, Cobra said it will be an option in the "pecial options menu" at some point, just hasnt been mentioned sine then as for the timeframe. I'd imagine it being something that can be done with the in-cockpit pilot/RIO models.

huh, does HB prioritize Exterior sound overhauls over initial F-14A release? If so, why? Did some nitpickers complain about exterior sounds? -.-

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

huh, does HB prioritize Exterior sound overhauls over initial F-14A release? If so, why? Did some nitpickers complain about exterior sounds? -.-

No we don't, we have several reasons why something is done at a specific moment. Sometimes it fits, sometimes it is a necessity etc etc..

Heatblur Simulations

It's June, fellas. Give me a no bullshit assessment: Is the A model coming out this year or not?

Did you not read the first post? Current plan is towards the end of summer. But given the state of DCS I'd question that projection as well.

Did you not read the first post? Current plan is towards the end of summer. But given the state of DCS I'd question that projection as well.

As an Australian these BS Hemisphere seasonal based things are annoying...So by summer I assume they mean from June-August...coz for us Summer is Christmas so it took me a bit to actually realize its coming a lot sooner then I thought...

Same with the Hind release. Makers of the Hind said it should drop in Fall so I was expecting word any day last month till I remember that would mean September to November...and makes much more sense why I had not heard a pep out of the project.

I'm really looking forward to the AI A-6, I wonder why it is such a low priority..Can't wait to have it in the game so carrier decks will look "right". I'm not complaining too much though, I love my Tomcat and fly it every day. Thanks for your great work Heatblur!

I'm really looking forward to the AI A-6, I wonder why it is such a low priority..Can't wait to have it in the game so carrier decks will look "right". I'm not complaining too much though, I love my Tomcat and fly it every day. Thanks for your great work Heatblur!

The optimist trapped inside me thinks they're postponing the AI A6 since they're making the playable version after the Tomcats are finished.. :music_whistling:

They had (some very detailed) renders of the A6 over a year ago so who knows, maybe we'll get at least the AI Intruder ingame sometime this year. Would also be a decent first chance to make the KA-6 for those cooler refueling ops, playable or not.

Seeing as how Heatblur focuses on historical accuracy within reason, probably the campaign will focus on VF-74 Bedevilers and/or VF-103 Sluggers from USS Saratoga, since these were the only squadrons to deploy in F-14Bs on a Forrestal-class and CV-60 was the one.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Seeing as how Heatblur focuses on historical accuracy within reason, probably the campaign will focus on VF-74 Bedevilers and/or VF-103 Sluggers from USS Saratoga, since these were the only squadrons to deploy in F-14Bs on a Forrestal-class and CV-60 was the one.

If we even get the Saratoga...

Last info from Heatblur clarifies that even they wanted to build ALL Forrestal class CV, the first one CV 59 will be the only one by late summer. Please correct me if Im wrong, a pitty anyway.

The optimist trapped inside me thinks they're postponing the AI A6 since they're making the playable version after the Tomcats are finished.. :music_whistling:

They had (some very detailed) renders of the A6 over a year ago so who knows, maybe we'll get at least the AI Intruder ingame sometime this year. Would also be a decent first chance to make the KA-6 for those cooler refueling ops, playable or not.

I hope that you are right with you thing.

A6 is needed so much. And the trailer for the AI looks so good. So much detail in this aircraft. If it's not coming out as an flyable module, just as AI for placing it on a carrier, it is wasted. There was so much detail. It really looks amazing.

Heatblur did an awesome job on it.

It's a crime to not release it as a module.

Man, put it into EA-pre-order sale for 100 bugs, I'll buy it any day, any weather, ANYTIME, BABY!

:wub:

Last info from Heatblur clarifies that even they wanted to build ALL Forrestal class CV, the first one CV 59 will be the only one by late summer. Please correct me if Im wrong, a pitty anyway.

Is there a source for that info?

The Saratoga is needed urgently

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier