Can you share your axis curves ?...

I mean,

elevator, aileron and rudder curves used in your settings for the Spitfire IX.

I'm on a TS16000 + Thrustmaster Combat Rudder Pro. Using around 25% in rudder, to soften the overdone ( not presently stiffened with "q" ) rudder inputs and even the rudder trim tab effects.

But I wonder what values you use.

Thanks.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

MS Sidewinder II FFB

- Pitch 25% Curve 85% Saturation

- Roll 7% Curve 100% Saturation

Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

- Yaw 10% Curve 100% Saturation

- Brakes 0% Curve 100% Saturation (inverted)

Rudder is a bit twitchy still but suspect thats partially the pedals (they're 10+ years old now).

Pitch is sensitive but manageable and roll feels spot on.

Now to gather the bravery to butcher my FFB for an extension....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

TM Wartog. Stock curves in both DCS and Target. 7.5 cm extension on the stick.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

TM Warthog,DEADZONE AT 5, SATURATION X AT 100, SATURATION Y AT 100, CURVATURE AT 15

All as per Chuck Owl.......Thanks Chuck old chap !

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

TM Warthog,DEADZONE AT 5, SATURATION X AT 100, SATURATION Y AT 100, CURVATURE AT 15

All as per Chuck Owl.......Thanks Chuck old chap !

How do you find that this handles? It felt a bit too twitchy for me, especially when trying to take-off/land.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Joystick (Microsoft FFB2):

Pitch (Y axis) = deadzone: 4; saturation X: 100; saturation Y: 78; curvature: 21

Roll (X axis) = deadzone: 7; saturation X: 100; saturation Y: 100; curvature: 5

Rudder pedals (MFG Crosswind):

Rudder (RZ axis) = deadzone: 7; saturation X: 100; saturation Y: 100; curvature: 20

Wheel Brakes (Y axis) = deadzone: 0; saturation X: 100; saturation Y: 80; curvature: 0 (invert on)

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

VKB gunfighter pro, no curves or saturations.if your serious about your warbird flying, I can't recommend enough. Even so much so I've even started flying modern jets with the KG12 grip due to the control gained

However pedals saitek proflight pedals=55% curve

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

MS Sidewinder II FFB

- Pitch 25% Curve 85% Saturation

- Roll 7% Curve 100% Saturation

Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

- Yaw 10% Curve 100% Saturation

- Brakes 0% Curve 100% Saturation (inverted)

Rudder is a bit twitchy still but suspect thats partially the pedals (they're 10+ years old now).

Pitch is sensitive but manageable and roll feels spot on.

Now to gather the bravery to butcher my FFB for an extension....

I tried your settings, and found them a great help in taming the Spitfire.

Thanks

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Before WH stick extension, I was using 25% for pitch and 15-20% for roll. For yaw, I was and still use 25 - MFG Crosswinds might be precise, but my footwork skills aren't :D

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Before WH stick extension, I was using 25% for pitch and 15-20% for roll. For yaw, I was and still use 25 - MFG Crosswinds might be precise, but my footwork skills aren't :D

Probably not your footwork, but rather the absence of force modelling in the present version of the Spitfire...

Ah, I should add I was thinking mostly about takeoffs and landings. Whenever output cut-out gets implemented, it will affect moderate and high speeds only, so won't help me when low and slow :). No biggie, I've got my takeoffs and landings rather sorted with 25.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Presumably those running with extensions to their joysticks will have/require smaller curves,is this correct ?

I haven't thought about this up until now,but I have a 15cm extension to my Warthog,maybe I should reassess my set up,maybe a curve of 5-10 for pitch/roll would be a better option.

What do you think ?

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Use whatever feels best for you, that's what it all comes down to eventually. It's like with TrackIR, or any analog controller really - best settings for one man might be a nightmare for the other.

The only sure thing is, yes, the longer extension, the smaller curvature needed for output precision.

Use whatever feels best for you, that's what it all comes down to eventually. It's like with TrackIR, or any analog controller really - best settings for one man might be a nightmare for the other.

The only sure thing is, yes, the longer extension, the smaller curvature needed for output precision.

d5cfc7087b8ad33199ff904b5ad752fe.jpg31a81ade509b5abab0684de9c8d2aed8.jpg40905208923acea842e4aac5f0518ca8.jpg

That's using a Saitek X65f, but what's been echoed before, do what works for you, make it less frustrating! Hope it helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Indeed!

A BIG THANK YOU to all of those who contributed in this thread so far.

Prpperly settings the "curves" in your controller axis is paramount for an even better, Greater, experience with DCS World modules like the ww2, and the helis :thumbup:

I have Pitch and Roll set for 20 positive curve. Saturation, deadzones etc are untouched. I usually prefer to have same curve on both axis so i do not mess up with the ratio between elevator and aileron effectiveness. For rudder i use +15 curve.

Oh yeah and the stick is TM 16000 and i have saitek combat rudder pedals.

CH_PRODUCTS : Fighterstick , Pro Throttle , Pro Pedals

For "Burning Skies" server in MP (Multiplayer) - Version 1.5 - Full Realism (not easy play)

________________AXIS_TUNE for each_______________

___________Saturation is 100% for everything_________

Pitch = +5 Dead Zone , +30 Curvature , no checkboxes

Roll = +5 Dead Zone , +30 Curvature , no checkboxes

Rudder = +5 Dead Zone , +41 Curvature, no checkboxes

Throttle = Check - Slider Checkbox

Engine RPM = Check - Slider Checkbox

___________________TAKE-OFF____________________

Pitch Trim = 100% Fuel = -1 Down Elevator Pitch

Rudder Trim = Full Right

_____________________NOTES_____________________

This setup is when I 1st purchased it Nov. 3, 2016 on a 20% off sale.

These settings are from Feb. 11, 2017 (so, I experimented for awhile what worked best for me)

Have not flown the Spit IX in quite awhile. At the time, cannons were not effective.

Now, going to see if these settings still work, but using the 2.1.1 OpenAlpha version.

Edited by DieHard
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried to play a little bit with pitch saturation Y, and even with 60% saturation, what would, if i've understood correctly, clip 40% of my elevator deflection, i still find i have plenty of elevator authority for all situations.

Many times i've wondered, why so many planes, at least in sims (not only in DCS, but every high quality model in other sims too) seems to have so much elevator travel, where would you actually need full deflection? Aerobatics and stalls, yes, but in regular flight (including emergencies)? Works as a safety margin for a poorly loaded plane maybe? (Example: C.G too fwd, need a lot of elevator to compensate that)

• 3 weeks later...

I try adapt Captain Eric "Winkle" Brown joystick curves (Saitek X45) for IL-2:FB 4.10:

Pitch 0, 1, 3, 7, 9, 14, 18, 23, 27, 33

Roll 0, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 12, 17

Yaw 0, 0, 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 11, 14, 16

The curves in graphic:

Brown_s.jpg

The result is... interesting, I can fly and landing better- using a crap Cyborg joystick.

But don't expect win dogfight with this curves. :)

Edited by Sokol1_br

• 2 years later...
anyone with Thrustmaster T16000M?

I have the T160000m set.

Mine are as follows:

Roll and Pitch are 0 deadzone, X and Y saturation are 100 and curvature is 17

Rudder is 25 deadzone (the t16000 pedals have some slack I like to take up), and curvature is at 30.

I only have the spitfire and P-51. Mainly play p-51 so far with just a little time behind the spitfire. I can taxi and land the p-51 now pretty easily. The spitfire I can taxi but takeoff is hard because I can't figure out how to get tail wheel straight for take off. only attempted landing a few times in spit. mostly unsuccessful outside of 1 successful landing. However, I don't have more than an hour in the spit.