Missing P-47 Install Links

NavyAce

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this. I recently purchased the P-47D Module and the install links duly appeared via email, as the new system does not send product keys anymore. Unfortunately for some reason they landed in my Junk mail box and I didn't immediately success them as I was busy with another project sand thought I had plenty of time. Again unfortunately I forgot that my computer automatically empties my Junk box after a certain time to keep it from overfilling. The result was that by the time I got back to looking for the links they were gone. I checked every folder in my email program as well as looking in my recycle bin and have not been able to locate them. This was entirely my fault, but now I'm trying to figure out how to replace the links. Is there some way to have DCS World resend them to me? If so how? Do I just have to repurchase the module and eat the cost, or can I get DCS World to resend them at no cost. I obviously have an account here but I can find no trace of the links, even though the module is bound to my account, and it does not show up in the Module Manager under any of the tabs. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you.

NavyAce

• ED Team

Hi

Please make sure you are on the latest version of dcs as we are keyless now everything is bound to your dcs account

currently version is 2.5.6.52437 is the latest update

http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

so use your updater to update DCS and then make sure you are logged into your dcs account in the main menu.

You should then be able to use your module manager and install the P-47.

If not please attach your dcs log which can be found

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ni BIGNEWY,

Thanks for the quick reply.I tried a right click on the desktop icon to see if I could simply do an automatic update but when I did that I didn't get a response other than an error message saying the computer couldn't find/access something.I got to the pathway it said C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 1.5\DCS World. I followed this pathway and found both versions (v 1.5 and the Open Alpha 2) in the same folder. This was the original default location when I first installed DCS World many years ago, so the computer chose Program Files. I am now running a newer much more powerful computer so I am wondering if I should move the Eagle Dynamics folder to Program Files x 86 and delete the one in Program Files. Does the new version simply overwrite the old files automatically, or do I need to delete anything first? Don't I need the missing links for the install? I still can't find them.

NavyAce

Both of the versions you mentioned have been discontinued for a few years so If I were you, I would rather install the newest version (2.5.6) from scratch rather than fiddle with updating the older ones, risking something goes wrong.

Also, nowadays all modules installation processes are launched using the interface within the game itself (the module manager BN mentioned above), so you don't need that confirmation e-mail at all. If you want to check the details of your order anyway, you can always login to ED webste/store and check "my orders" table in your personal profile tab.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks guys. I am going to try and install my new version of DCS World (2.5.6) but I have a question. My current pathway for both my 1.5 and 2.0 Open Alpha versions is as follows:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics. When I click on the installer it wants to send my new version to C;\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 1.5 but 1.5 is a separate folder inside the eagle Dynamics folder. Should I accept this pathway? Ans Should I change PF to PF x 86? This might be better as I am running a newer more powerful machine now and there wouldn't be any other folder in the x86 folder to confuse things. Also. should I try to port over my Mustang and Spitfire from my v 2.0, or will they be picked up automatically in the install of my new DCS version? Thanks.

NavyAce