Parking Brake

TarToast

Parking brakes work fine, exactly like the Mustang. It will definitely hold the a/c still at 900 RPM while warming up.

1. Pull and HOLD parking brake knob

2. Press toe brakes

3. Release toe brakes

4. Release parking brake knob.

It is not part of the main hydraulic system so it does not need the engine running to set.

That's not exactly like the Mustang. On the Mustang you hold the brakes (like they would already be if you're trying not to roll) then pull out the parking brake handle, and while holding it, release the toe brakes which will remain stuck on. Then, when you press the toe brakes again, the parking brake handle pops out on its own and the toe brakes then spring back to disengaged when you ease off them.

I did manage to get it to work but it's really weird, particularly when you're used to the Mustang and similar systems. And it also seems wrong that the P-47's parking brake handle doesn't pop back out on its own. Does that mean next time you press the brakes they'll stick? Because the handle is still out!

That's not exactly like the Mustang. On the Mustang you hold the brakes (like they would already be if you're trying not to roll) then pull out the parking brake handle, and while holding it, release the toe brakes which will remain stuck on. Then, when you press the toe brakes again, the parking brake handle pops out on its own and the toe brakes then spring back to disengaged when you ease off them.

I did manage to get it to work but it's really weird, particularly when you're used to the Mustang and similar systems. And it also seems wrong that the P-47's parking brake handle doesn't pop back out on its own. Does that mean next time you press the brakes they'll stick? Because the handle is still out!

The P-51’s parking brake works just link the C-130’s parking brake... as well as my riding lawn mower’s parking brake. Lol!

I finally got it to work, in the order that 71st AH Rob said.

I wonder if this is a keyboard users vs rudder pedal users thread? I’m using the keyboard and can’t get them to set no matter how many different orders of operations I try.... only way I can get them to set is hold “w” and call for rearm/refuel. Then it sets... even when the parking break hasn’t been pulled.

That’s my thinking as well.

HI,

it does work now but its not the same as in P51 ....that´s what let it shine buggy. Also the release is not the same.

thx

Edited by kubanloewe

WIN 10; i9-9900K@4,8GHz; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus;32GB Corsair DDR4 3600MHz; 2TB Samsung SSD; GeForce GTX1080 8GB Seahawk; 34" AW3418DW; MS FFB2 Stick

HI,

... the lever stays out...but in P47 it dont stop rolling the plane.

That's exactly what I have observed. The handle stays out but there's almost no difference between p.b. set or not (like I mentioned here before). Even if pumping manually and the needle on hyd. pressure gauge goes into the green band it seems not to be enough pressure to hold the plane at around 750 RPM e.g. warming up.

But things are changing when the needle is pointing exactly at 12 oc (1000 psi?). You reach it after a flight or long enought wait. Then you will be able to do engine testing up to 2.000 RPM without plane moving.

• 1 month later...

Parking brakes have been driving me nuts since the P-47 was launched. :dontgetit:

I could never get them to set. All the while I’ve been fully depressing brake pedals. Just by lightly tapping on them With the handle pulled works every time now! :thumbup:

Thanks Nealius! :smilewink: