A/P descend mode

Sprool

Looking for some info/tuorials or explanations about the descend mode switch on the collective, how to implement, what it does (I'm assuming a controlled descent for landing) and how to use it.

Currently pressing D just springs the switch back up to centre position again.

With the Shark in an autopilot assisted hover you can flip and hold the switch to 'descend' in order to move straight down slowly. Great for ducking behind cover and the like. The switch going back to neutral as soon as you let go is normal and intended.

The switch is meant for landing. It will set the descend speed to 2 meters per second as long you hold the switch down.

It is not for hovering or getting to cover in combat. As you are too slow to start getting down with it for cover or to hide yourself.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The switch is meant for landing. It will set the descend speed to 2 meters per second as long you hold the switch down.

It is not for hovering or getting to cover in combat. As you are too slow to start getting down with it for cover or to hide yourself.

Good point actually, it is so slow that you definitely don't want to use it anymore when things fly in your direction already. I meant it more like a 'settle into semi-cover' in preparation for an attack kind of thing.

Maybe i'm misinterpreting your whole text but the marked part contradicts the manual. But i agree that i would not use this in combat situations.

1.thumb.jpg.619357842b236021f787be513807d296.jpg

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Huh, interesting. I've always only used it to duck behind cover on a hover battle position. :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg