Cockpit instruments have gone almost luminous!

Looks like the overly luminous effect has gone in the last couple of patches, so it probably was a bug after all.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Cockpit Lighting

Someone in a "bug" post mentioned that the latest beta patch messed up the gamma settings. I've noticed that on engine start in the Spit you can't tell the fuel pressure light is on when moving the throttle during start. I didn't pay attention to the other gauges except that the cockpit seemed more washed out.

Yep, we’re waiting on the patch to fix various cockpit issues on Wednesday.

Can’t currently see the landing gear light with up or down.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

radioactive glow, watches used to look like this in real life too

radium power

Exactly, Seems pretty good to me :music_whistling:.. I do have some automatic watches with this feature and they react pretty much the same as now in the cockpit, when they pass from light to shadow after being exposed to direct sunlight during a certain period of time. I do welcome these updates :thumbup:

Exactly, Seems pretty good to me :music_whistling:.. I do have some automatic watches with this feature and they react pretty much the same as now in the cockpit, when they pass from light to shadow after being exposed to direct sunlight during a certain period of time. I do welcome these updates :thumbup:

Are you on stable?

I have Open Beta only. And I do not see any, "Radioactive" glowing stuff. It seems really cool, especially on your 109 screenshot. Maybe for VR user, it is too much, that I do not know, but I will welcome this feature if is fair for all user and it is well implemented. Some users with their mods have tried to improve gauges readability, so it should not be a bad idea IMO. What I like the less is the baked gauge Glass reflections, which is annoying in some angles and very saturated.

This is how it looks for me. Gamma 1.4, Cockpit global illumination ON

No-Radiation.jpg

This one for example with my "Enhanced Cockpit Mod"

Enhaced-Cockpit-Mod.jpg

In some of the latest updates this started to be too dark in the black areas for me... However the readability of gauges is better, so I wonder if this glowy thing would make the vanilla version just fine.

Cheers

Edited by Grajo