Mission 4 sticks at bridge

I have tried mission 4 (Overwatch) three times and it always sticks in the same place. After inspecting the bridge and noticing suspicious objects around it. I land near Wolf 1's smoke marker. The gunner gets out and says something about "Walking to his own funeral". He walks to the bridge and back to Wolf 2. Then just stands there. He doesn't get back in the Huey. Nobody says anything and the F10 menu has nothing. Nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

As far as we know right now. Ther is a major problem with all missions older than 5 to 10 weeks. (The last major beta update) There are countless issues with unit pathfinding and triggers.

All-new missions build with the actual DCS Beta version dos not have this problem or at least much less of them.

We are in direct contact and ED is working hard on solving that problem.

Unfortunately, we are pretty alone when it comes to extensive use of "moving ground units" and triggers in our mission. Most other mission builders use static targets so airplanes and jets may find them in the first place and much fewer triggers.

We hope the issue anyway has a high priority.

Not the best way to solve the problem is to use the stable in the version bevor the last update. There is no issue with the missions at all.

Always happy landings ;)

I'm having the same problem as I type. :joystick:

Can you please check what's wrong?

Thanks for the picture.

Please refer to the thread before issues ar known and DCS core related. :cry:

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on this?

Not at the moment. We need to wait for the next Beta update. If the problem is not fixed we may think about the possibility to activate the trigger over the radio menu. But if possible we like to avoid such a ("Murks" in German) not really elegant solution.

They fixed already more than 250 bugs since the last update, so let's hope one of them brings Mission 4 back on track. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

Not at the moment. We need to wait for the next Beta update. If the problem is not fixed we may think about the possibility to activate the trigger over the radio menu. But if possible we like to avoid such a ("Murks" in German) not really elegant solution.

They fixed already more than 250 bugs since the last update, so let's hope one of them brings Mission 4 back on track. :thumbup:

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification! I couldn’t wait, I just edited the log file...lol

But I’ll replay once the bugs are fixed. The immersion is awesome, your details are very good!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the wayfinding issue in Mission 4 is not fixed due to core improvements in yesterday's beta update. :cry:

Mission 4 has still a wayfinding issue, and as promised, We identified the problem last night. That is fixed mission internally today, by adding and moving waypoints. Actual testing but it shud be part of the next update. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

I'm guessing that this will be on Beta branch?

Unfortunately, I don't have enough drive space for a stable branch install and a Beta branch install.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

I'm guessing that this will be on Beta branch?

Unfortunately, I don't have enough drive space for a stable branch install and a Beta branch install.

Since the last update, all the beta problems moved into the stable as well.

So the only instant solution will be an older version of the stable.

Last known without issues for the campaign is 2.5.5.41371 :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

I'm going to have to think about whether I can be bothered with that. Did all the missions work okay with that build?

As an aside, I have noticed that I am a lot more successful with sling-loading at the moment. Since starting playing the Oilfield Campaign with the Mi-8 I've only failed one sling-loading mission whereas before I was crashing the cargo half the time. Have I improved or have they made the cargo a lot more resilient since the patch? If it's the latter, I think I'll go and play Argo or finish the Oilfield Campaign until it's fixed.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

I'm going to have to think about whether I can be bothered with that. Did all the missions work okay with that build?

As an aside, I have noticed that I am a lot more successful with sling-loading at the moment. Since starting playing the Oilfield Campaign with the Mi-8 I've only failed one sling-loading mission whereas before I was crashing the cargo half the time. Have I improved or have they made the cargo a lot more resilient since the patch? If it's the latter, I think I'll go and play Argo or finish the Oilfield Campaign until it's fixed.

Yes. This was the last build where all the missions run without any issue. :thumbup:

The only thing I noticed is, that a quite a while ago, they changed the time you need to hover over the cargo to get hooked. It's only a few seconds now.

Ther is also a difference in how easy cargo breaks when dropped a little bit harder, depending on the type of cargo.

The standard cargo is easiest to break. Containers are much more stable.

So if you feel more comfortable in the same mission and you lose less cargo especially during drop-down, the credit is yours.

We have fixed Mission 4 and already send it to ED. With the new update cycle, it will, unfortunately, take up to 4 weeks, till the next regular Beta update. But if there is any hotfix coming earlier it will be part of it. :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

Got a massive stable branch update. I wasn't expecting that! Mission 4 seems to be fixed and I was able to play it through last night, even though I was flying horrendously.

Cheers guys!

Got a massive stable branch update. I wasn't expecting that! Mission 4 seems to be fixed and I was able to play it through last night, even though I was flying horrendously.

Cheers guys!

Congrats and much more fun with mission 5 :thumbup::pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 weeks later...

It works correctly now, with the current stable version of DCS 2.5.6. I got the speech from Frank when he inspects the tyres (which I didn't get before) and the mission proceeds from there. Another very enjoyable mission, even though I played it four times. I'm looking forward to the rest of the campaign.

• 1 year later...

@Pegas44 (Andrey) 

Just to be sure

Spoiler

We talk about the bridge where these strange tires are, and Hans is going to check them.
So in my tests are new trees and bushes, but Hans is walking right thru and comes back to the Helo.  

For any reason, he does not follow the waypoints set in the Mission editor and moves first toward the street (crazy, Iwan?) before heading towards the bridge, but this does not affect my Testing.

Anyway, strange things happen in DCS from time to time, and there is nothing you may have done wrong for sure. If he goes, he comes on the same way back. No triggers or waypoint actions how may prevent him from doing this. Only a car exident mey kill him ??

As a solution, I will ad the possibility to continue the mission in the radio menu F-10.  
I Will do this in the next 24 hours, and I hope ED will get it into the next open beta update.

Sorry for the problems, I feel your frustration, because it is already a long way to get to that point.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks, there was already an option in F10 radio menu to progress to the next mission, which I used.

And BTW ED has recently added a new feature to skip/replay any mission on campaign screen  - quite handy.

Just wanted to let you know about this issue. I will try to replay this mission again after next Beta update.