Maybe it is better to separate Modern DCS and WWII DCS as two different products?

Guram

Maybe it is better to separate Modern DCS and WWII DCS as two distinct products? so updates will affects stable version with less extent. This sim is becoming too big for continuous update of all products simultaneously without breaking something constantly.:joystick:

Why would that help? If there is a bug in the base game, it would have to be fixed in both products and then result in the same problems there (if any). It would add only to the workload to maintain two huge software products in parallel. Also, over time, the code in both products would begin to divert - how could ED maintain two such hugely complex products if they were struggeling already with one?

Splitting it into two products would not halve the problems, but double them.

kudos i guess to the transparency of the self-interest here at least lmao

this is what happens when you raise a generation all to be 'problem solvers', now we're reaping a whirlwind of solutions looking for problems

Edited by probad

Nope, bad idea, just leads to a lot of reinventing the wheel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

kudos i guess to the transparency of the self-interest here at least lmao

this is what happens when you raise a generation all to be 'problem solvers', now we're reaping a whirlwind of solutions looking for problems

Don't look at me, I'm raising my kids to be fry cooks and yesmen. They will be encouraged to run from their problems until they're old enough to enter politics.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Only thing that worries me is that with the increasing number of maps and modules, there will be increasing in number of bugs and errors, and at some point will significantly affect this sim. I have a feeling that stable DCS becoming permanent Beta version. Personally I am only interested in modern jets, but got most WWII planes and Maps to support ED.