DCS World Dedicated Server

9 hours ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

This is really strange, can you just add your DCS.log of the server just to understand if the server is actually started or it's going in "hang" status at some point?

Turns out there's a ton of errors for all sorts of things, but my networking knowledge is not good enough to sort this out.

I noticed there was a line in a previous log stating that the server couldn't set 8088 and 10308 as ports because there was a "duplicate entry". So I ended up going into my router settings and deleting the manual port forwarding rules and that ended up clearing up that issue in this log. However there are still a significant amount of errors.

dcs.log.old dcs.log

Edited by Sabre05
Adding proper .log files.

• 2 months later...

Hi all.  First thanks for the update on 2.8. 
Since the update things seemed to have changed on the dedicated server for open beta. Not sure what it is as the logs show no errors from what I see. 
prior to the update I was running four separate instances and now not one will start. Every time I start an instance from using the DCS GUI utility it seems to not want to load and continues to show loading. 

Logs within the instance shows no errors but the log in the Dedicated OB server shows multiple errors but nothing relating to starting an instance. 
not sure if this is now an issue with the GUI or what. Can some one point me in another direction to have multiple instance running other then using the DCS GUI utility so I can test it out. 

regards 

Wood 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Use Microsoft Window's Scheduler program to automatically start all server instances after a machine reboot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Intel is slightly faster but .............

I would go AMD as at least there is an upgrade path for the future, whereas with Intel you would have to buy new mobo + RAM + CPU

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

On 4/8/2024 at 7:54 PM, MorisMD said:

Have a question. To a heavy mission with 60+ players and 1500 ground untis what will be more stabile? AMD  Ryzen 9 7950x or intel core I9 13900K

If you're talking about pure DCS server hosting, both of them are waste of money, but most important waste of energy, and you have to deal with thermal dissipation.

I'll suggest to take as maximum the Ryzen 9 7900X if you plan to run multiple instance at once, if you need just one or two instance running at time, you can even stay safe with Ryzen 5 7600X since base clock and IPC on single core is what you really need to run one DCS server instance.

I also suggest to stay on AMD platform since it's homogeneous architecture, the "new" Intel BigLittle is great for some specific use case, like laptop and consumer market ( if a decent scheduler it's implemented on both OS and application side ) but not really good when you have to deal with h24/7 server, or in general server machine.

And last but not least, since it's the most important things, try to keep AI units below or around 1000 units. Even if you try to have the best badass server, at some points all the clients start to have bed performance regardless of how the server is working, simply because there are too many draw call and update on client side.

So try to keep your mission below or near 1000 units, is the best things that you can do for all your players, rather than invest in new hardware that will not solve the problem if you want trow in the battlefield 2000+ AI units with 60 players on the server.

FlySafe

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• BIGNEWY changed the title to DCS World Dedicated Server

hi

I have an odd problem with the DCS server. When I launch it and I look it up on the DCS website (Profile - my servers) it pops up as one server with the correct details. However, when I start DCS and look there in the list of multiplayer servers there are many servers with the same name and mission but different IP addresses. Any idea what can causes this?

Edit: Seems that I am the only one seeing many of my own server. Checked with other players and they only see 1

Edited by Dopey

Normal 

same machine that hosts the list servers 2 or more, that's normal

1. Local server = Show1 127.0.0.1
2. Server Lan = show 1 192.X.X.X
3. External IP Show 1 40.X.X.X.X

Edited by Grindmetal

30 minutes ago, Grindmetal said:

Normal 

same machine that hosts the list servers 2 or more, that's normal

1. Local server = Show1 127.0.0.1
2. Server Lan = show 1 192.X.X.X
3. External IP Show 1 40.X.X.X.X

I can imagine some servers that show up like you mentioned, local, internal and external. But I see like 50 or more servers

8 hours ago, Dopey said:

maybe a picture explains better. In the meantime hundreds of serversimage.jpeg

This is definitely not normal at all, but not sure how to investigate since I didn't notice this behavior in several years and multiple router/ISP configuration over the years. I just see my own server just one time (not either three times to be honest)

To me there is something strange at network level of your current setup, some crazy behavior with the "reverse NAT".
Did you have a different router to make a test? (an old spare router, or just disconnect computer from current LAN and temporary connect computer with mobile hotspot just for a test)

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

1 hour ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

This is definitely not normal at all, but not sure how to investigate since I didn't notice this behavior in several years and multiple router/ISP configuration over the years. I just see my own server just one time (not either three times to be honest)

To me there is something strange at network level of your current setup, some crazy behavior with the "reverse NAT".
Did you have a different router to make a test? (an old spare router, or just disconnect computer from current LAN and temporary connect computer with mobile hotspot just for a test)

I dont have a spare router but the mobile hotspot would be possible. Will try that and see what happens. Thx for the suggestion.

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I dont have a spare router but the mobile hotspot would be possible. Will try that and see what happens. Thx for the suggestion.

removing current LAN cable of course to make test reliable, and leaving just the mobile hotspot 😉

21 minutes ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

removing current LAN cable of course to make test reliable, and leaving just the mobile hotspot 😉

It became more interesting. With the hotspot on i only see 2. The expected ones. Then i moved to a repeater of the main wlan, 2 servers as well. Then back to the main wlan. 2 servers?!?!?!?!

just a thought, could a computer on the same wlan but with vpn tunnel setup could mess things up? Yesterday and today that laptop was up and running but with the latest test for the mobile hotspot the laptop was shutdown.

48 minutes ago, Dopey said:

It became more interesting. With the hotspot on i only see 2. The expected ones. Then i moved to a repeater of the main wlan, 2 servers as well. Then back to the main wlan. 2 servers?!?!?!?!

just a thought, could a computer on the same wlan but with vpn tunnel setup could mess things up? Yesterday and today that laptop was up and running but with the latest test for the mobile hotspot the laptop was shutdown.

I'll be surprised that another computer in the same wlan with a vpn tunnel can mess the things up of the other clients, but I tough at this point something strange is happening inside your LAN, and if this things is not happening with the VPN/laptop turned off, yes it can be that one!
But yeah, to me you have some loops somewhere, NAT/Forward rules some times can be tricky, but never seen a loop like the one of your screen with 50 or mores entry duplicated in the list 😄

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

12 hours ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

I'll be surprised that another computer in the same wlan with a vpn tunnel can mess the things up of the other clients, but I tough at this point something strange is happening inside your LAN, and if this things is not happening with the VPN/laptop turned off, yes it can be that one!
But yeah, to me you have some loops somewhere, NAT/Forward rules some times can be tricky, but never seen a loop like the one of your screen with 50 or mores entry duplicated in the list 😄

Getting closer. It is not the laptop. This morning same issue but no laptop or other pc in the network. Switching to hotspot, no problem. Switching to guest network, also no problem. I guess this is somewhere in the network settings on the pc for the "standard" wlan network.

10 hours ago, Dopey said:

Getting closer. It is not the laptop. This morning same issue but no laptop or other pc in the network. Switching to hotspot, no problem. Switching to guest network, also no problem. I guess this is somewhere in the network settings on the pc for the "standard" wlan network.

Not sure is something you can do, but maybe you can save and export current router config, then perform a factory reset to default, just manually add port forward (NAT) for the server DCS port (disable uPNP), and nothing else, and see what is going to happen 😉 

On 4/20/2024 at 7:43 PM, Maverick87Shaka said:

Not sure is something you can do, but maybe you can save and export current router config, then perform a factory reset to default, just manually add port forward (NAT) for the server DCS port (disable uPNP), and nothing else, and see what is going to happen 😉 

Seems that a repeater in my network was causing the issue. with the repeater disconnected the problem didn't reappear anymore 🙂