DCS: Syria Map - Golan Strike

NineLine

Who else was blown away by the detailed crops? fsgrin.png

I think it might be a limitation of the engine that doesn't allow water or even land below MSL. Too bad they apparently didn't think of it when writing 2.x. If it's somehow possible to fix that, it would be great though. I mean other maps have differently high water surfaces as well, if you think of the reservoirs in NTTR, Caucasus and Iran. Maybe it just needs a trick to set the Lake Genezareth down to MSL and the Mediterran 214m above that and then do something to recalibrate the altimeters and atmosphere varaibles by that exact difference. Just a thought. Of course it would be best if the engine simply could do negative altitude landscape. I guess my fellow neighbours in the Netherlands would be happy about that as well maybe in the future.

I guess it's engine limitation as well, and not pure oversight by them.

By now I would expect some comment from ED's people, telling us what is the real reason for this,

and if it could be addressed somehow...

They're very responsive sometimes.

And sometimes not... :smilewink:

Edited by ron533
typo

Callsign   SETUP

Great map! I cannot wait to test it. What concerns me, however, are the trees. Due to the lack of darker texture under the trees (the terrain under trees is always a few tones darker than the trees themselves, but not on the video), they will be popping out at the horizon in an unnatural way. It will be even more visible while zooming the view in and out. Mark my words. :)

• ED Team
I guess it's engine limitation as well, and not pure oversight by them.

By now I would expect some comment from ED's people, telling us what is the real reason for this,

and if it could be addressewd somehow...

They're very responsive sometimes.

And sometimes not... :smilewink:

I'll ask the terrain team, even though this isn't our map, they should know.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

At first I thought its because of the current bug in the F-16 that has incorrect barometric readout on the altitude gauge, but if you look closely you can see during the beginning of the video when Matt is showing the map in the mission editor that the altitude readout on the lower left never goes below +10 feet (or is it +10 meters?)...

Hope this will be addressed before released.

Cheers!

Well spotted! :thumbup:

I guess it's indeed an engine limitation then. Everything below 0 ft will probably just be water I guess.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Since i didnt see this question asked, may i ask two things.

1) Do they map will be released with new assets (or updated) for the countries involved?

2) If so, will those assets going to be included on the map price?

Or are they going to be like the WWII Assets?

Great looking scenery, does look like a great location for Kiowa ops.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Since i didnt see this question asked, may i ask two things.

1) Do they map will be released with new assets (or updated) for the countries involved?

2) If so, will those assets going to be included on the map price?

Or are they going to be like the WWII Assets?

If also like to know this. There’s a huge gap especially in AAA assets that I think needs to be filled for us to have some meaningful missions in this area (and PG as well)

If also like to know this. There’s a huge gap especially in AAA assets that I think needs to be filled for us to have some meaningful missions in this area (and PG as well)

And Caucasus... DShK, ZPU-1 and 2 are everywhere, and both Red and Blue have to fight against them. Would be the perfect moment to get those AAA's.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 1 month later...
may you please upload the mission file ?

Its not a special mission like in other topic where you posted the same post few times already.

Use mission editor (You can find many tutorials on Youtube for this), its very simply to place objects here.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 1 month later...
  • Wags unpinned this topic