The kill switch/key bind ?

TheOtherSider

Is there away on the key board to instantly power off the A10 ? like in how you can cheat and instantly hot start the hawg? I asked because `looking through the manual or the button mapping dosent seem to say that there is such a key input.

But the real reason I ask is the odd problem I have been experiencing.... while flying the A10 will completely power off, I'm talking electrical and engines gen and battery still run and I get a master alarm but effectively the plane is dead. While I can some times get it restarted ( if I have the height to do so...also it kinda makes me feel like a bad ass restarting this thing while it is falling out of the sky) the problem is becoming annoying. I am wondering if this is my fault. I have alot of stuff mapped to my key board and in the heat of combat maybe hitting said kill switch ? though I do notice it does correlate with me using pause or active pause. So... any suggestions ?

Yeah be careful not to hit the active pause while you push the stick forward. The negative G will starve your engines within a couple of seconds.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I cant think of an A-10 system issue that would take evrything out at once. Engines? Aure. Electrical, sure, but moth together indicate a sim issue. One esception before I get to that would be if you arent properly configuring your electrical panel on startup. Check your inverter switch position and ensure your caution panel is clear before takeoff.

Sim side, is there any chance your usb device is being lost and refound? I had a usb current overload would cause dropouts if my controller. Maybe in that case the sim os getting signal to drop both engines below detent?

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Thank you for the suggestions every one. I looked at all and in the end suspect Spiddx to be the most likely cause of this issue. Because I can re duplicate it. if I nose down into a dive to attack with guns a bombing run or to find a target then active pause to look at something ( the A-10 is the only plane I active pause in due to how complicated its systems are) I notice when I un pause it is when the shut down happens. I can duplicate it almost every time now. I think what is happening is as Spiddx says the game is still simming G forces and areo dynamics while paused so when I come out of pause the fuel or air starved engines flame out instantly.

I had previously ruled out my switches being incorrect the first few times it happened to me as in my panic to relight the engines found I had to reset a lot of things and all switches were in their correct positions. Its funny I have trouble flying the A10c with out the occasion active pause but when it is falling out of the sky with 8000 feat between me and the ground I can invent a restart procedure on the spot, run through it and relite before hitting the ground.

And I am using... don't laugh, the Thrustmaster HOTAS 4 for my flight stick. I used to have a t.1600m but it failed on me so this was the best replacment I could afford at the time. yes flying the A10c with it is as big a pain in the ass as it sounds hence the keyboard remapping and active pausing.