A-10C. Is it possible remove the green len on frontal part of cockpit glass?

jimblue74

A10C%20cockpit.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

4996069258_b41d602b89_o.jpg

I'd say they are pretty close from the inside too...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Someone will probably come up with a mod sooner or later. It looks realistic and I prefer it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I worked A10s for 6 years when I was in the Air Force, and it looks like that. Once you get used to it, you can't even tell it's there. If you're worried about that tint, you're not paying attention to the right things while you're flying! ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Adjusting my monitor (reduced brightness, contrast and sharpness) has cured e.g. the saturation problem for me :)

Yeah I did the same but then you need to faff about with it wehen you're watching/playing something else.

I wish nVidia would include colour/brightness/contrast etc in graphics profiles.

it is actually gold tint to resist electromagnetic interference.

If it's for blocking EMI what's the reasoning for having it on only the two side pieces and not the front or the main bubble? Even if it's not for EMI I still don't get the reasoning, actually.

• 9 months later...
I have a cockpit mod ( privat ) but she is not really done. Actually, I'm waiting for BPR :music_whistling:.

But ! It is not a problem to remove the color. You can change that yourself. It is very easy and does not take long.

:drunk:

That looks super sexy!!1!!!11!!!!

But, first question is, when the cockpit overhaul will happen - KA-50 is delayed to 2019. Second question is, if the won't optimize the tint with overhaul anyway - as they did with the Hornet HUD.

So maybe the owner of the MOD wants to share it rather sooner than later :music_whistling:

It think many of us would highly appreciate it :pilotfly:

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I was in the main DCS folder last night and searched for *.bmp. I saw a file called A-10 cockpit glass.bmp... or something like that. I'm not on my home PC at the moment so I don't know the exact name, but it was obvious when I saw it. The thumbnail image looked like just the yellow/green color. Perhaps if you edit it, it may change the glass tint color? I'll leave that up to someone else to try and provide feedback. I'm fine with the color as is...just wanted to throw this out there...

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Modified file A-10A-HUD-COLOR.bmp

I modified this file with Photoshop using Image/Adjustments/Levels, reducing the amount of "darkness". This gives me a significantly brighter view through the HUD. The attached file replaces the one in "...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Textures\A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip"

Edit:

I overlooked that I had a second modified file in "A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip". The attached ZIP file contains both modified files which replace the original ones in "A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip".

I also attach screen shots showing the original and the modified HUD.

A_10C_C_HUD-Mod.zip

613159105_HUDOriginal20181214.thumb.jpg.6c24165e7f38cd0b4fad82497632b072.jpg

1544100017_HUDMod20181214.thumb.jpg.fd6b935ca1367996c30dcf222f5c60bb.jpg

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

This file name A-10C-glass-REFLECT.dds must be used to reduce the color of the canopy.

I would like to see the result of that change, plus I would like to know how (in Photoshop) you changed it.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Your method produces the same result, and it's better because it requires only one file to be modified. I didn't realize that the files under "...\Bazar\Textures\..." override the ones under "...\Mods\aircraft\...\Cockpit\Textures...".

Good to know!

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier