2.5.4 Open Beta on Dec. 19th 2018 Speculation

Shadoga

Hey there!

There have been some speculation threads recently, mainly regarding some modules.

Some of those threads took more or less funny directions, revealing attitudes that I as a headshaking spectator find entertaining in itself, like fanbois running crazy like headless chicken...

So, to add to the speculation festival weeks, here's my question:

Today's weekend news state that next week there will be a 2.5.4 release for Open Beta, current version is 2.5.3.24...

- Why are they not upgrading to 2.5.3.3...?

- Does it mean the advent of something big, like MAC (2 days before end of fall) or Tomcat?

- If so, why are there no teaser trailers or other marketing measures - do they use the OB phase this time for a promo wave towards a stable release of 2.5.4???

Fire away!

:music_whistling::pilotfly:

Edited by Shadoga

For the 2.5.4 Open Beta update next week, we plan to add F/A-18C Hornet laser-guided bombs, Bullseye and BRA information, further improvements to the AGM-65F infrared-guided Maverick to include better axis slew control, and more great stuff that you can read about here.

Next week will also see the release of the updated P-51D-25-NA and P-51D-30-NA Mustang, the C-101EB with AFM and C-101CC, and new cockpits for the Bf-109 K-4 and Fw 190 D-9. Exciting times!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3720447&postcount=172

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Correct, the link plus included sub-link list the features to be expected.

None of those obviously warrant a major change in software version nomenclature, it's not like the Hornet got finished or a major new feature like IR rendering, A/G radar, new ATC or weather engines arrive...

Is it just coincidence in their planned version count or is it a hint and we are up for a holiday surprise?

Looking at the changelogs, the switch to 2.5.3 from 2.5.2 didn't coincide with any major release.

It may be some internal milestone. Though adding flyable C-101CC and new P-51 variant IMO warrants a version bump anyway :)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I consider new AFM for C-101, three new cockpits and one new Mustang, quite a milestone.

This ^^

Besides, as this is a personal bug bear of mine my clients fail to understand:

Version Numbers are arbitrary!

While they often correlate to a large change in the code, it doesn't have to in the slightest, and can quite often simply be the whim of the person deciding the number.

One new combat aircraft is something already right?

This ^^

Besides, as this is a personal bug bear of mine my clients fail to understand:

Version Numbers are arbitrary!

While they often correlate to a large change in the code, it doesn't have to in the slightest, and can quite often simply be the whim of the person deciding the number.

Lol... yes :megalol: But developers use them to communicate things... or, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Bumping the 3rd section in the number doesn't sound that big to me :D

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Thats never happens without an official news and a Pre-Purchase.

Indeed! Always a must to load up the hype train first before leaving the station... ;) (Marketing 101)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Stupid answer, but also pointless.

Thank you for opinion anyway.

Wow, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. Seeing as there is no way for us to know if it will have higher system requirements, the only stupid thing here is asking that question and expecting a real answer.

MAC was supposed to get released in autumn 2018, which ends in 2 days...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

MAC was supposed to get released in autumn 2018, which ends in 2 days...

Timelines & Deadlines..... yaya :cry:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X