CDI and Glideslope indicator

AnnaNass

Which airbase and which direction? There are only 4 airbases equipped with RSBN and PRMG and only two of them have PRMG for approaches from either direction (but only for the active runway).

The sytem works fine on my end so without more details I can only assume that it's a user error.

More info: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2526887&postcount=36

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

There you go, RWY27 at Center has no PRMG.

And yes, the wind in the Editor is to, not from.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

yep, tried it with "really" eastern wind. Rwy 09 in use and it works without off flags. but i have off flags with normal RSBN navigation. Bug?

RSBN is just bearing and range I think. PRMG is the only source that should activate the glideslope indicators.

It´s its normal behaviour.

You are in "navigation mode" so the PRMG part of the system is turned off.

When you are in "Glide Path mode" you´ve got one flag off in the HSI and in the ADI (if the SDU is activated)

When you are in landing mode, the PRMG part of the RSBN-5S/RSBN-4N is activated and the flags are off (in the HSI and in the ADI if the SDU is on) if you are in position to intercept the signals of the system.

Pg-131 of the manual: "RSBN-5S: navigation system".

RSBN is just bearing and range I think. PRMG is the only source that should activate the glideslope indicators.

RSBN is like VOR (Very high frequency omniderictional bearing) in western planes and for bearing, range AND CDI (curse deviation indicator).

In the HSI you have to deviation indicators: CDI and GDI (glidepath deviation indicator).

In navigation mode the CDI has to work (it works) and the off flag of the CDI has to disappear (doesn't work).

RSBN is "a sort of" VOR but not exactly a VOR

The off flag works in landing and glide path mode.

"Flags" are related to the SDU subsystem:

from the Aero L-39 manual:

pg 1-62 and pg 1-78

The pilot switches on the SDU system manually after

penetrating area of stable receiving the localizer signal,

which is indicated by disappearing of the "K" warning

flag. SDU activation is indicated by hidden "K" and

"T" (well, it´s not an F, but I can´t write in cirilyc...)

warning flags on the RMI.

Edited by Tarres