Wind Noise

jcbak

Is there a way of reducing or eliminating the "wind" noise in the cockpit? It is very annoying and not very realistic. I tried changing the name of the sound file "Canopy" but it didn't change anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 1 month later...

Personally I was pleasently surprised to see they implemented such wind sound effect. In a cockpit a lot of the sound comes from the wind, the electric systems and ventilation, that is often either completely overlooked or heavily cut down in favor of a more 'dramatic' engine sound. There's a lot of room for improvement, but I hope in the end we get a rather authentic experience instead of what users feel it should sounds like. ^^

Proper quality sound deisgn is so very important for immersion.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

That is in fact the wind sound that is produced in the cockpit. Sometimes is much larger than the engine itself.

But for all the matters that's why the pilot have a little handy thing called helmet! Or else it would suffer in the medical examinations in the earring department! :D

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Yep, I also find the wind sound a superb effect with this module!

Some aircraft just do not have the sound isolation of more expensive alternatives.

I hope this is a true rendition of the C101 as I would really like to experience such nuances in DCS.

When I first flew the C-101 It immediately reminded me of an internal flight I had to do in Iran with some Russian manufactured DC-9 copy. Our seats were right at the back and I bagsied the window seat.

When I looked out the window the jet engine intake was right behind my window!!!!.... cool!

I tell you now! That was literally a 4 hour flight sitting right next to a Fu$king loud jet engine!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I like the fact that there is a wind sound, many people can't imagine that you can hear it over teh sound of the engine, but you can in several planes, even in jets.

The sound itself is.... meh. It sounds more like static noise at speeds above ~250 knots. But IIRC JuanOscar already said they will change it.