Are we players saying farewell to the MiG-15 and the Sabre?!

Alpenwolf

An event for the MiG-15 and the F-86 was hosted yesterday by 104th and streamed online on 104th_Maverick's channel. Here is the thread so maybe more guys can sign up next time although there was no issue with pilots' numbers:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190368

S!

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Ah ok, my bad then. I think SeaQuark did have AI bombers included in one of his missions. And that mission ran well!

Indeed it did. I managed to kill a (2) bombers in separate missions. Was a great server. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Stay tuned! Blue Flag for Korea will soon be live as well -

koreaflag_title.png

korea-flag-logo.png

Sweet! Was only a matter of time, I knew it. Probably same thing with the MiG-21 and the F-5?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

You kind of missed the point. Using AI bombers in multiplayer would be fine and doable. He was talking about a general lack of era specific content. The same problem we have for WWII.

+1 aside of the fact that with a number of modules, assets pack and a dedicated map, ironically WWII probably has the most coherent representation at the moment in DCS. As for Korea, there is literally close to 0 content. Just go to mission editor and try to setup anything that would be close to 50's scenario. Aside of 2, or even counting P-51 in, 3 modules there is nothing as for AI units. No bombers, other fighters, strikers, almost no ground units.

I remember playing on a server with a scramble mission to intercept the AI bombers. The first impression was - WOW, can't belive they've made it. I was really impressed seeing a stike group of "bombers" approaching far away. Eventually, once getting close enough to visually id the enemy, it occured that the "bombers" are actually a C-130's. I mean, I really appreciate someone taking an effort to setup a server, mission and do all of the scripting to make it work but seeing those C-130 used to simulate B-29's quickly put all the immersoin down the drain and remembered me about the sober fact that DCS is a "sandbox". F-86 and MiG-15 are not the only one examples of great - fully fidelity modules without a simulation of environment in which they flew.

PS: For single player don't forget the "Museum relic" which is a great campaign.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

+1 aside of the fact that with a number of modules, assets pack and a dedicated map, ironically WWII probably has the most coherent representation at the moment in DCS. As for Korea, there is literally close to 0 content. Just go to mission editor and try to setup anything that would be close to 50's scenario. Aside of 2, or even counting P-51 in, 3 modules there is nothing as for AI units. No bombers, other fighters, strikers, almost no ground units.

I remember playing on a server with a scramble mission to intercept the AI bombers. The first impression was - WOW, can't belive they've made it. I was really impressed seeing a stike group of "bombers" approaching far away. Eventually, once getting close enough to visually id the enemy, it occured that the "bombers" are actually a C-130's. I mean, I really appreciate someone taking an effort to setup a server, mission and do all of the scripting to make it work but seeing those C-130 used to simulate B-29's quickly put all the immersoin down the drain and remembered me about the sober fact that DCS is a "sandbox". F-86 and MiG-15 are not the only one examples of great - fully fidelity modules without a simulation of environment in which they flew.

PS: For single player don't forget the "Museum relic" which is a great campaign.

I'll check out that campaign then, I guess. Wasn't so sure about it...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

There is a server called <51st>PVO Server - KOREA ERA hosting 1 or 2 nice missions for the MiG-15 and the Sabre only! It's really good if you're into these old jets.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I dont think the module provides that much to be bought. maybe thats a reason not too much ppl has it? or want to fly it?

idk, i dont fly mig-15/sabre but with implying i like FC3 aicrafts (wich i dont like any) you only will get me mad.

Edited by shonist

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

• 3 weeks later...