Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 120 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #1191
Cyph3r

Reputation power: 7
Cyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx22 View Post
Hi Cyph3r,

Here is the screenshot of dxtweak. X axis (roll) is centered and can travel full length of the bar. Y axis is not centered and at full deflection in either side, there is one bar left to go. Springs are not tighten all the way... Also, there is some spiking in numbers a lot of the time in both axis in Value and Raw fields when joystick at rest (I'm using no center cams in case it matters).
Hi mx22, shoot this over to support@virpil.com and I'll get our electronics engineer to have a look

Cyph3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #1192
Cyph3r

Cyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura about

21st August 2017 // Announcement No. 21
► The First in Space!

From the 22nd to the 27th of August, the international Military-Technical Forum “Army-2017” will be held at the Patriot ExpoCenter, Alabino Testing Grounds and the Kubinka Aerodrome.

Along with displays of military, rocket and space technology and their latest developments, visitors to the ROSKOSMOS exhibition at pavilion A will be able to experience the latest Virage-VR 1.0 demo stand. Developed using the federal Digital Earth project framework, by the Russian Space Systems holding company “Constanta Design” with the participation of the VIRPIL Controls team.

"Digital Earth” will form the basis of a whole family of new geo-informational services, aimed at a wide range of consumers. The planet modelling will be accurate all the way down to 1m, with periodic updating according to remote sensing data of the Earth.

Thanks to the VPC MongoosT-50 dual-flightstick control system (Standard and Left Hand), popular among many space-sim enthusiasts, fixed with the VPC Desk Mounts, you can make a virtual flight over the Black Sea coast, rise above the Earth to a height of 200 thousand kilometers and accelerate to half the speed of light and explore the cosmos with unparalleled levels of control and precision.

Last edited by Cyph3r; 08-21-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #1193
Winger

Reputation power: 6
Winger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
21st August 2017 // Announcement No. 21
► The First in Space!

From the 22nd to the 27th of August, the international Military-Technical Forum “Army-2017” will be held at the Patriot ExpoCenter, Alabino Testing Grounds and the Kubinka Aerodrome.

Along with displays of military, rocket and space technology and their latest developments, visitors to the ROSKOSMOS exhibition at pavilion A will be able to experience the latest Virage-VR 1.0 demo stand. Developed using the federal Digital Earth project framework, by the Russian Space Systems holding company “Constanta Design” with the participation of the VIRPIL Controls team.

"Digital Earth” will form the basis of a whole family of new geo-informational services, aimed at a wide range of consumers. The planet modelling will be accurate all the way down to 1m, with periodic updating according to remote sensing data of the Earth.

Thanks to the VPC MongoosT-50 dual-flightstick control system (Standard and Left Hand), popular among many space-sim enthusiasts, fixed with the VPC Desk Mounts, you can make a virtual flight over the Black Sea coast, rise above the Earth to a height of 200 thousand kilometers and accelerate to half the speed of light and explore the cosmos with unparalleled levels of control and precision.
Awesome! This is almost the setup I am going for. However I will be doing a combination of centermount for the main pitch and roll stick with extension for increased precision and the left handed for the strafe axes without any extension.
I hope my package arrives soon so i can show you guys

Cheers!

David
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #1194
Cyph3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
Awesome! This is almost the setup I am going for. However I will be doing a combination of centermount for the main pitch and roll stick with extension for increased precision and the left handed for the strafe axes without any extension.
I hope my package arrives soon so i can show you guys

Cheers!

David
This is the exact same setup I'm planning for my space-sim pit

Old 08-22-2017, 12:20 PM   #1195
Winger

Reputation power: 6
Winger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
This is the exact same setup I'm planning for my space-sim pit
Yaw on pedals and strave up and down on rudder brakes?
Star Citizen? Elite Dangerous? Both?
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #1196
Barefoot Bandit

Reputation power: 1
Barefoot Bandit will become famous soon enoughBarefoot Bandit will become famous soon enough

I also play Elite Dagerous - and that setup looks very good, though I still have hope the throttle will have an analog stick...

I like the reversal of the stick/mounts.

For some unknown reason, I had not thought to do that for my chair... Simple, yet, effective.

Z...

Last edited by Barefoot Bandit; 08-22-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Barefoot Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:43 PM   #1197
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 20
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Bandit View Post
I also play Elite Dagerous - and that setup looks very good, though I still have hope the throttle will have an analog stick...

Z...
I have been meaning to pick up ED and giving it a whirl, this may help give me an excuse to hold off for now - don't want to be tempted to buy another controller LOL.

Besides I am having so much fun and spending so much time in the two combat sims I have , don't know where I would find the time. And I am retired!

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |TM Warthog+7.5cm Extension by Sahaj|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc