DCS 2.1 hangs up after some minutes of play - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-19-2017, 05:09 PM   #141
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Reputation power: 68
BIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp View Post
Until a couple of days ago, I was under the impression that the Devs were already aware of this major issue since this thread has been opened for a while. I figured this info has been passed along, but the other day Skatezilla mentioned the devs were just now aware of the issue. Plenty of logs have been uploaded since then. Im no longer getting this issue since I fly in VR, but if I need to test again to help resolve this issue then I can. But as everyone ask, what else can we provide besides logs that will be helpful to the Devs?
Of course they are aware, they read the forums.

My point is we get a lot of posts about issues, some are just observational which is great but not as helpful to us.

If you have something happen we need to see that log straight after the event so the log relates to the event.

As testers we have to create tickets based on our own observations, meaning we have to reproduce it, which can make it difficult as most of us don't see the performance issues / stutters / freezes. This can be due to different settings in DCS, windows, BIOS, drivers, hardware, the list goes on so it is a bit of a minefield.

Optimisations will continue for the new builds and ED are working very hard to get to 2.5. so as we get updates feedback to us and if you can give us as much data as you can.

thanks
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA PALIT 1080 GAME ROCK 8GB, INTEL i7 4790K ( Cooled by H100i ), 16GB DDR3 , Asus Z97-AR, x1 256gb x1 240gb x1 120gb X1 60gb ssd's x1 1tb sshd, TM Warthog, Jet provost rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x1 AOC 27" 1920X1080
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:36 PM   #142
clarasdk

Reputation power: 2
clarasdk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Of course they are aware, they read the forums.

My point is we get a lot of posts about issues, some are just observational which is great but not as helpful to us.

If you have something happen we need to see that log straight after the event so the log relates to the event.

As testers we have to create tickets based on our own observations, meaning we have to reproduce it, which can make it difficult as most of us don't see the performance issues / stutters / freezes. This can be due to different settings in DCS, windows, BIOS, drivers, hardware, the list goes on so it is a bit of a minefield.

Optimisations will continue for the new builds and ED are working very hard to get to 2.5. so as we get updates feedback to us and if you can give us as much data as you can.

thanks
You got the log straight away from me on the 24 of june, the day after you asked for it. So almost 2 month ago (see post 28 in this thread). Until last week we have heard nothing. So that might be why we are confused. If the devs are working on a fix this is great news as I cannot wait till I can use dcs 2.1 on my 3 screens.

Do you have testers playing the sim on tripple monitor setup without having the problem?
clarasdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #143
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Reputation power: 68
BIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarasdk View Post
You got the log straight away from me on the 24 of june, the day after you asked for it. So almost 2 month ago (see post 28 in this thread). Until last week we have heard nothing. So that might be why we are confused. If the devs are working on a fix this is great news as I cannot wait till I can use dcs 2.1 on my 3 screens.

Do you have testers playing the sim on tripple monitor setup without having the problem?
Yes some of the testers and ED team have multi screen setups, I will get some feed back from them on how it is going.

we have more than one issue with multi screens at the moment from GUI issues to these hangs, lets hope ED can find a solution.
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA PALIT 1080 GAME ROCK 8GB, INTEL i7 4790K ( Cooled by H100i ), 16GB DDR3 , Asus Z97-AR, x1 256gb x1 240gb x1 120gb X1 60gb ssd's x1 1tb sshd, TM Warthog, Jet provost rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x1 AOC 27" 1920X1080

Last edited by BIGNEWY; 08-19-2017 at 10:13 PM.
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:19 PM   #144
clarasdk

Reputation power: 2
clarasdk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Yes some of the testers and ED team have multi screen setups, I will get some feed back from them on how it is going.

we have more than one issue with multi screens at the moment from GUI issues to these hangs, lets hope ED can find a solution.
Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Can't wait to get into the Spit campaign, but just not possible at the moment
clarasdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #145
petsild

Reputation power: 3
petsild will become famous soon enoughpetsild will become famous soon enough

I'll add Afterburner monitoring system where you see freezing. What happens without a reason the components are not at all used to their maximum capacity.

Gpu temp 66 C°
Usage 73 %
Vram usage 7094 Mb
CPU temp 48 C°
Usage 34 %
Mem usage 7968 Mb

Interesting it always freezes when I'm looking to the right, as seen in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ABe.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	167813   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCS_2017_08_20_08_44_59_557.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	167814