DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

The P-47 is my favorite WWII aircraft and the thing that I look forward to the most about DCS WWII.

The problem with the P-47 is it always seems like it's over shadowed by the other planes... so I thought it would be cool to start a thread devoted strictly to the P-47. A place where P-47 fans can share facts and stories about this awesome plane.

There's several documents on this site...but here's one that I found particularly interesting:

www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/P-47_versus_FW-190.pdf

Any other fans of the P-47 out there?

a bit late to the show and i havent read all posts. would be interesting to know which FW 190 version they compared it too. its a bit weird why there isnt any remarks on the version on that test cause it is extremely important.

Test is Dated around April 1944, so it can be only A Version possible, with 42 inches 1,42 Ata is somewhere around A3 to a early A8, the Wing loading and Cross weight are to high for an A3-4 to light for a A7-8 is more would say test performed against A-5 to A-6..

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates? What's done, what's not?

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Jumping on the band wagon a little higher..... I promise I won't beotch about anything shown, understanding the WIP thing yadda yadda yadda, just wanna see some love from the curvy gal.... :>

Puhleeeeez?

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

After the 47 is sanded down, tuned, polished and flown, I'd love to see someone's attention (either ED, or a 3rd party) turn to the 38. To have the three legendary Ps, the 51, 47 and 38 would be awesome.

The 38 would go especially well with a Pacific Theater map and some Japanese Zeros.

Sorry, venting. Back to 47...

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

OK guys and gals ya made me do it.

this may have been posted before, but I didn't see it, so here's a cool full preflight and airshow... enjoy

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Been Reading "Tail End Charley" By James E Brown, he was a Thunderbolt Pilot in Italy. Making me super hyped for this Bird in DCS!!! Especially hoping we get an awesome Normandy campaign like the Spitfire got.

For anyone interested,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/154296430X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_bFiKzbX6FNYSP

Only $3 for Kindle!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Another one that is guaranteed to get your Jug juices flowing is "Hell Hawks" by Robert F Dorr and Thomas D Jones. It is the story of the 365th Fighter Group from England, to Normandy, Belgium and finally Germany. An awesome read and in particular, the part where they make the move to Normandy. There will be many places in the book that show up on the Normandy map. Huge fodder for missions or a campaign! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just watched it. I love the old war movies. The funny part is they used P-51's for the German planes. :)

back in the day when you could use american eqipment and paint a German cross on it, and it would be a German.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

great flick...

would be cool to get another Jug update. Like all, I'm really waiting for this bad boy.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm really curious as to how straight and true she will track in a dive. I understand that rudder correction was slight to nil. That'll be useful for HVAR delivery.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )