F/A-18C (confirmed) Armament thread

Lithion

could/should be working but i dont think that the harm will hit A2A any better than a AIM-7 in HOJ mode

but harms are effective irl.

should be be even more so in DCS when AI Sam operators make no effort to turn off their radar signals once thier active to protect themselves from SEAD flights.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

could/should be working but i dont think that the harm will hit A2A any better than a AIM-7 in HOJ mode

Yes but the difference is that last I checked the aim7 hoj will not work if radar is burned through. The harm doesn't matter how close you are before launch.[obviously with in reason]. It makes for a completely passive attack that has a much better chance of hitting a target then a hoj launch. Since the launch platform can use radar for ranging and be able to huck it with in close ranges. But who knows will have to test this out.

but harms are effective irl.

should be be even more so in DCS when AI Sam operators make no effort to turn off their radar signals once thier active to protect themselves from SEAD flights.

I think you missed the point of the conversation.. We are talking about launching a harm against airborne radar.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

This site has some interesting info about the B52 harm incident. If you look all the way through the comments section there are comments from the crew of the B-52, including the gunner Zach Peters. https://bentcorner.com/in-harms-way/

Cheers, good read.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Hi,

Perhaps of interest

F-18 Tactical Pocket Guide

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.de/2017/01/f-18abcd-hornet-tactical-manual-pocket.html

FA-18ABCD Airborne Weapons Stores Loading Manual

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.de/2017/01/fa-18abcd-airborne-weapons-stores.html

-

Very Cool! Many thanks!

• Like 1

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Mixed:

20mm M61A1 Vulcan:

In the Episode 1, Matt apparently referred to the M61A2 gun. I wonder which one it is in the simulation. Both versions have been installed in the worldwide fleet.

The effective difference is only that the A2 is lightened, and in case of F/A-18, it moves CoG rearwards in comparison to A1 version. I am aware that early on this caused certain issues if flying with unloaded gun, leading into use of dummy "aluminum rounds" instead of flying with an empty magazine, but there were later rectified via FCS software update.

• 2 months later...
I really hope we also get the ADM-141 TALD. This weapon would be awesome for strike missions

Looks like we're getting it, courtesy of Wags:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

Since Wags has included current and future planned weapons, this thread really has no further use.

Could a mod kindly close this thread?

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16