Audio Bug after death

RoyalOneOne

Description:

After a death in the Gazelle L and M version (not sure about Mistral as I haven't flown it in multiplayer) and respawn in another aircraft (Gazelle or not), the engine audio as well as lock tone (if locked on death) will reappear in new aircraft.

DCS Version:

1.5.4 Stable

Steam: No

Map: Caucasus

SP/MP: MP

Step to reproduce:

Crash while another aircraft is locking you so you have an audible tone, crash (or get hit by another aircraft), respawn in any aircraft.

Track: unavailable

Mission File: OpenConflict Server v 3.0

Controllers:

X-55 Rhino HOTAS

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Track IR 5

Triple Monitor

RAM: 24GBs HyperX

GPU: Asus Strix GTX970

Mods: Starways Black Sea Map 2.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UH-1H - Mi-8 - SA342 - KA-50

F/A-18C - F-15C - F-5E - SU-27 - SU-33 - Hawk - M2000C - A-10C - A-10A - P-51 - NTTR - Normandy - Persian Gulf

i7 7700k 4.7Ghz - 32GBs G.Skills RGB 3200Mhz - ASUS STRIX Z270F -

ASUS GTX970 STRIX - LG 34UM64-P 34" 21:9 - Track IR - X55 & Saitek Pedals - CHPL training

Great! I figured you guys would have had that fixed pretty quick. I just didn't see a post about it. I figured I would post it just in case.

Great work guys!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F/A-18C - F-15C - F-5E - SU-27 - SU-33 - Hawk - M2000C - A-10C - A-10A - P-51 - NTTR - Normandy - Persian Gulf

ASUS GTX970 STRIX - LG 34UM64-P 34" 21:9 - Track IR - X55 & Saitek Pedals - CHPL training

Poor old Blinky just wants a friend to creppily stare at

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Has this been fixed by now?

Because I still get the Bug, that I hear everything from the second I died before in a new A/C.

Current Version 1.5.5 checked via Updater

-K

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

I have the issue as well. All variants do it, which is a terrible shame since I like flying the Gazelle more than the Ka50 now. Doing any multiplayer in it is out of the question, with the unpredictable nature of multiplayer.

I do realize that it has been a reported issue but with more people reporting\complaining about the problem might give the developers more drive to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Polychop? Are you on Holidays or something?

Now four Months and we still have this bug. Are you still working on the Gazelle?

-K

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

That's a multi-crew code issue, there is nothing to do to fix it until an update is directly made by ED.

And yes Poly knows that it doesn't only happen when multi-crew is enabled, that's not related to the multi-crew to be enabled by the players, simply... Multi code is a bit silly, and as long as it is part of the module, it will bring bugs whatever the situation is...

Nicolas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah thanks for info! :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there any chance to disable multicrew to relieve this bug. For example is there a "solo" option in mission builder? Or, can poly disable it in the code until ED corrects the issues that seem to cause this. Having to disconnect from the server is unfortunate in multiplayer when a death occurs. Those BMP3's are nasty buggers when I fail to sneak up on em!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
this bug is very annoying, any news if will be fix soon?

the same question applies to the "spawn without your tail bug".

absolutly frustrating finish up your startup in order to recognize you miss your tail.

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed.

The fact this module still has so many issues, with no obvious signs of development, is worrying. The enjoyment factor is no longer there. A credit card chargeback is looking an attractive option right now. Early-access/alpha or not, one reasonably expects to see some development progress and not in-house drama.

Such a shame. This module was so promising.

Yep, I posted it to ED DEV 4 days ago, no reply yet, here you see: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3224614#post3224614

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence