Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?

Wing

Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?  

595 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?

On 8/3/2023 at 4:35 AM, Bananabrai said:

B-1B, P-3C, ... so many nice big planes that offer interesting game play...

Even a C-130H would be awesome.

As a former Sensor 3, I support the Orion. No way we’d ever get an ISAR variant because that system is still used today. An APS-137 variant is probably the most attainable. The draw back there is no ASW support in DCS without a MOD. So, no “pen bangers” for me. The fun spot in the tube would be the TACCO. We called them Smack-O’s. I think the only player positions should be the pilot in command, co pilot and the SS3. The FE, NAVCOM. SS1and SS2 can be AI.

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 10:01 PM, SOLIDKREATE said:

As a former Sensor 3, I support the Orion. No way we’d ever get an ISAR variant because that system is still used today. An APS-137 variant is probably the most attainable. The draw back there is no ASW support in DCS without a MOD. So, no “pen bangers” for me. The fun spot in the tube would be the TACCO. We called them Smack-O’s. I think the only player positions should be the pilot in command, co pilot and the SS3. The FE, NAVCOM. SS1and SS2 can be AI.

Sounds awesome. 

Alias in Discord: Mailman

On 8/8/2023 at 1:01 PM, SOLIDKREATE said:

APS-137 is an ISAR radar. The S-3B had it as well. I worked on the Viking for 11 years in the Navy.

• Like 2

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

8 hours ago, Vampyre said:

APS-137 is an ISAR radar. The S-3B had it as well. I worked on the Viking for 11 years in the Navy.

Yeah that is right. It has been 25 years since I operated anything. I will still say to this day I hate SYGNOG and OFOM's. Maybe I was using the AN/APS-115, somthing like that?

• 4 months later...