F18 VR Simpit

Shadow912

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Shadow912. Pit looks amazing! Any chance you can share the plans?

Hi Hawke

Drop me a PM and I'll get a link to the plans to you... ????

Sinclair ZX81 - 1K RAM - 16K Wobbly Ram Pack - Tape Drive - Kempston Joystick :helpsmilie:

Man, that site sure doesn't give you much info. Pits look great though. Just wonder if it's worth the effort in this VR age.

Hi Chicki.

I get what you are saying about the VR thing. But I get a buzz out if flying in this pit everytime I get in. ????

Sinclair ZX81 - 1K RAM - 16K Wobbly Ram Pack - Tape Drive - Kempston Joystick :helpsmilie:

Hi Shadow, I too just stumbled upon this post ( You had me at...F18 VR Simpit! ;))

Just wanted to say what a great job you've done, it looks fabulous!

I fly in VR and use Miles' PointCtrl. (Which I think is perfect for VR). I have very much a 'function over form' setup and interact almost exclusively within the VR cockpit, save for joystick and throttle. But I did setup a board in front of me that I use to give some resistance when I reach out and 'click' the various controls. I did try putting MFD's up and thought about putting the various switches in their correct positions but ended up always never quite getting myself in the same position, which made reaching and connecting to the controls very hit and miss, so gave up on it. Therefore I would be interested to hear how you get on with 'calibrating' yourself, so to speak, to the pit?

Most of the time its not an issue, but things like gear and flaps would be easier to use through 'muscle memory' as opposed to having to look down, hover cursor over, click switch, etc.

I would truly love to do the same type of pit but fear my woeful DIY skills would leave me floundering in the drink so hats off to you and others that can pull it off! :thumbup:

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.