Regular news/updates from ED would be nice

Elefant1301

We get weekly updates. What more are you asking for?

Do bear in mind that ED have to pay someone to create that. Would you rather fund fixes and functionality, or info?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

A proper FAQ would be a great start.

There are always the same questions popping up over and over again with the answers deeply hidden somewhere in one thread. If we had a FAQ, that would make things much easier for everyone.

Are you new to the internet or something? Nobody reads those, even stuff that IS well documented and easily found pops up every few days around here :p The lack of such is part of the whole ''not finished'' bit.

That said it's been mentioned in every recent newsletter, we've got an idea what features to expect more or less, and it's due soon. What more do you want? Every day ''we wrote some code and smaahed bugs'' or other things that are a given and/or irrelevant?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

That said it's been mentioned in every recent newsletter, we've got an idea what features to expect more or less, and it's due soon. What more do you want? Every day ''we wrote some code and smaahed bugs'' or other things that are a given and/or irrelevant?

Again, if we could find a proper balance, thanks…:thumbup:

I am pretty sure it would not be so time consuming to post on a regular basis (not daily, not even weekly !) some photos and short news.

Since the last official communication (that is few weeks old), it seems to be the total blackout.

If we are close from the release (close means nothing more than few weeks, not days, ok ?:music_whistling:), I’m sure they have at least few things to show us.

BTW, this thread was not aimed at the white knights but at ED team if they read it by chance.

• ED Team

Hi

we will have more details soon, the team are working on making it the best it can be before showing more off to everyone.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well, if I express the opinion that more news would be welcome, I am sure you have well understood that this was aimed at asking ED to do a little more. I doubt that any other member of this forum has the power to change that.

Regarding the white knights, I am sorry I just can’t bear them. Let the devs speak for themselves.

My opinion....

1. Let ED do real thing not news and reports, I know from personal experience it is pain in... all updates, reports etc.

2. If even FAQ for all question exist always you find 10 person out of 100 who ask same question. So double waste of time first writing FAQ and reply to those people with link to FAQ. And maintaining FAQ and update it require effort as welll

Nokia 6.1 with Tapatalka

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

sigh

Maybe you should play the game and start exploring the changes, I'm barely processing it, testing some OB and I can't finish some reports for 3 days now because I'm doing like 5 things at the same time, and playing, and the rest, I'm absolutely filled up with stuff to do, this years core-updates weekend news was huge in terms of key things that got confrimed and sort of a roadmap laid out, it's absolutely everything of the high points the community dreamed of for the past years, except maybe the radio-signal simulation stuff but that was only me talking about it and jumping ahead of things, and EVEN THAT got foreshadowed/acknowledged last year, oh my god I completely forgot, I couldn't believe it!!!

It was mentioned when the DCS Voice Integration was announced, so I don't know man, you better hide in the forrest because those Scud missiles are soon going to be lock and loaded.

Sure there's probably other sides of this community that didn't get some of their nuggets mentioned, but still, Helicopters aren't being forgotten either, did you hear about Mi-24 Hind, are you kidding me, that's the bullion right there, the most important thing is that's in the works, it's not going to be forgotten in history, the documentation is safe and sound, audio is being recorded, access is secured, licenses are made, cockpit and external model is getting scanned, everything's pictured, it's right there, that is the news, you can just imagine easily everything roughly about it, and knowing that gives me a sense of relief every day.

It's only after that, that we get into the discussion of details of the quality of the digital version, IMO, but that's just my philosophy around this, it's not just about flying a machine on computer, it's preserving history too, the data is the first, you can always do digital version out of that later and whenever, but in terms of this relationship right there that what we pay for as a module is well spent on a good experience is indeed genuine and relevant, and determines how that history is presented.

I got the feeling too many people are too relaxed about how old private collectors can keep legacy airplanes, how museums could keep them, etc, well I don't think that counts for Russia necessairly ... and what happened to a B-17 recently ... (RIP), and the most ridicolous thing about that sector is the lower FAA standards of safety because it's all non-commercial, if I were flying those vintage planes I'd be looking at increasing the safety for myself alone if not for anyone else, I wouldn't want to pilot it, just because it's "special" and it's not for transport, life is still the same, soul is still the same, nature doesn't care about our boreucracy and legalese on paper, I would put in parachutes, I would install inflatable airbags on the bottom to absorb some energy if a crash landing occurs, there's so many things you could do for safety if you really spent the money on it, unfortunately in this for-profit system it's hard to do that.

So, is the Russian Military going to let any of the airframes to be just put into museums and private collectors, every month or so at least I keep seeing for the past 3-4 years, reports or the high military commanders and/or the Russian president himself on video talking how the modernization of the Russian military is a TOP priority. So they're dead serious about it, and I was sort of fearing those old style variations would cease to exist and we'll never get to experience the old school of doing things and analog gauges/indicators, not saying that the new version wouldn't be interesting, but it's richer if you have more variations for everyone to enjoy in DCS and it creates a great experience when people compare them and would create further gameplay opportunities for the era-specific scenarios but also perhaps some great skill where a really good pilot could do as good or better in an old variation versus a mediocre one in a modern variation, that would be fun to watch a stream of :)

So while these core-upgrades the community has been hammering on in the report don't seem like much to read, you need to understand it's a far bigger deal, Vulkan API was announced so much earlier I have ever anticipated. If all you do is read gaming news every morning/evening as if it was a replacement for the ordinary news around the world and life, then you're going to be disappointed most of the time, this is not cable news, it's not satellite news, not radio news, and not an internet show, not a TV series either, now it could be but I think everyone around here is going to tell you that the chances of that happening by in-house ED is so slim as the chance of them going to Egypt and dig dirt in the search of a Stargate, that is if SG-1 events didn't happen in reality yet; and use it to go to P3R-233 and borrow that Quantum Mirror so they can use it to enter an alternate reality and talk over to the ED in that reality who happen to run a daily DCS news show called The Wingtip Xtreme, to give them a copy of the tapes so they can use it in this reality and bring it to you every evening paradropped at your doorstep by C-130 Express!

Back to this reality now, what got confirmed to be in the works this year, was it ever bigger before in DCS history??? I'm here since 2014, I did some occasional lurking before, I played the DCS Warthog at a friends house before, I played Lock-On ages ago too, (and other products) but I can't really count those pre-2014 years in fairness. In terms of key announcements sure the amount of text may not be sizable, changelog is good but not like the move from 1.2 to 1.5 where the changelog was massive, and 2.0/2.5 I think, but you're not suppose to count and rate satisfaction and success vs failure by how many sentences you read in a report! Heh, oh well.

I really don't want this turn into GamerTV with hours of talk and reports and all the drama around that, that's like sleazy geoff keighly type of stuff with all the bling and hype, that's the kind of football-match pub type of talk I mentioned in another thread just a day/two ago, where there's more talk about all the offtopic things than the product it self, and the players themselfs becoming sort-of financial advisors and analysts, how which company will do this move on the table, oh that company has 3 more cards to pull of, and the third one has another trick up it's sleave. That's what the podcast is for an other 3rd-party stuff and your private talk with your friends, ofcourse I'm not saying people can't do that, it's your free will and time, but it shouldn't be regarded as some important thing, because it's all unofficial speculation in the end and doesn't fit into what the official forums should be about IMO.

We have all the community podcasts that I'm queueing up to listen to, search around a bit, they last for an hour, there's many general aviation sites that post more lengthy explanations on DCS updates and happenings, there's the Alert 5 podcast, and a new one but I forgot the name now.

Less info actually makes it more interesting because I consider it spoilers. Besides the Supercarrier was announced too early AFAIK so it had a larger timeframe of news around it, more stretched out tho but still.

Now there's a legitimate need for news, but I'm more about the key points, the details don't bother me so much, I rather do it by feedback. If you want to hold the seller to your expectations then open a wishlist post and explain there what things would you like to see, because this is the key part, this may sound a bit harsh but it's the hard truth and it applies to all the unpatient customers around here, what is it that you actually want, do you want the product or you want a list of paper talking about the product?

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I am pretty sure it would not be so time consuming to post on a regular basis

ED WTF are you guys thinking... GET THIS GUY A JOB! He has all the answers!

God dammit why didn't anyone think of this yet!!!!

:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;4218315']ED WTF are you guys thinking... GET THIS GUY A JOB! He has all the answers!

God dammit why didn't anyone think of this yet!!!!

:doh:

I'm not gonna lie here, but I totally read that with a Scottish accent in my head and it made it way funnier then it should have been. Sorry.:megalol:

Anyways, OP, there are plenty of updates that we get. I don't see how them shoveling more down our throats is helpful. Like they always say, when they have news they will share it.

Let the devs speak for themselves.

You mean the actual developers should do the job of the community manager and waste 2-3 hours dealing with "nice to have" info posts on the forums? YGBSM :doh:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I am just asking for more news about DCS: Supercarrier, that’s all.

I know that we get weekly DCS updates, but between one trailer, only few captures, scarce informations and daily updates, I think it is possible to strike a proper balance, isn’t it ?

Yeah in this forums you have to be carefull asking questions or they eat you alive :music_whistling:

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Yeah in this forums you have to be carefull asking questions or they eat you alive :music_whistling:

I updated my post, good enough? :lol:

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I am just asking for more news about DCS: Supercarrier, that’s all.

I know that we get weekly DCS updates, but between one trailer, only few captures, scarce informations and daily updates, I think it is possible to strike a proper balance, isn’t it ?

Dr Jester has diagnosed a nasty case of patch fever. :P My medicine is first stay calm, watch the promo video a few times and practice launching and landing from the Stennis. I can't guarantee a cure but it might help with the symptoms.

My medicine is first stay calm, watch the promo video a few times and practice launching and landing from the Stennis.

Already done, done and redone, staying very calm. Honestly, I didn’t feel ill at all, I just had the feeling I had committed a crime of lèse-majesté when I read the WK’s replies. :D

But do you have something for those who overreacted ? :music_whistling:

Only one trailer, few technical details, too little information IMHO.

I definitely agree. I don't see how anyone could disagree with this statement. There's only been one video and no new info.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I get the sentiment of the original post, and, to be fair, software developers are responsible for it. If they had never invented the progress bar, folks like me, that come from the time when you loaded software from a cassette, then floppy disks, would never ask about progress. :D

I don't think it unreasonable to have a thread called "Super Carrier Progress Bar" and have posts like: Finished Green Shirt animations today! Now back to work...

Just like the progress bar we know and love tells us what the game is currently loading. It doesn't really mean anything to us, but it makes us feel like the game knows what it's doing and it's working away at it.

I know, devs, it's not fair, but you guys invented that dratted progress bar, so :P

Actually, progress is: 5 Weeks, 4 Days to End of Q1

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

But honestly I'd rather that they miss the Q1 deadline if its not ready or will further break the game on release (especially MP).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).