Has the sound structure changed?

lee1hy

sound folder and file location are different. Some have disappeared.

If it is for protect, HOW to know the path of the sound file so that it can be installed in saved / dcs / mod so that the new sound mode can be applied.

I want to know the sound file of the new path for the modder

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

Any sound mod that previously went into the Sounds folder should now go into Saved Games/Sounds. As long as the file structure is the same it should work. Any sound mods that go into aircraft-specific folders still work as-before.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Any sound mod that previously went into the Sounds folder should now go into Saved Games/Sounds. As long as the file structure is the same it should work. Any sound mods that go into aircraft-specific folders still work as-before.

If this is true (source?), for MODs where a part of it went into the Sounds folder, it should work if that part was "removed" and located directly in the Saved Games/Sounds while the rest of it stay as is, no need for any changes other than that?

For instance the Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod, containing edits/additions to both the Mods and Sounds folder. Putting the content of the MOD Sounds folder in saved Saved Games/Sounds while keeping the rest in the root game folder?

EDIT:

No need to answer, a guy called ristod76 just tested it with Skullz MOD and it works! Thanks!

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I've been using the Extended callsigns mod that adds 70+ additional callsigns with wav files. It modified a LUA file and placed everything else into the Sounds folder. I've tried every combination and it doesn't work any longer. The LUA files has to be under the main folder scripts to work at all, and the sound files are ignored in the saved games folder with the same structure.

This change blow chunks in my humble opinion.

This is probably prepwork for the new audio engine, great stuff, I like the structure updates because in long term it's going to be better, there's legacy DCS stuff from when Caucasus was the only map still lurking around, there's the whole thing of double liveries folders and a bunch of other inconsistencies, like some liveries are in VFS ZIP, some are just thrown in dds format with where the description.lua is, etc.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

This is probably prepwork for the new audio engine, great stuff, I like the structure updates because in long term it's going to be better, there's legacy DCS stuff from when Caucasus was the only map still lurking around, there's the whole thing of double liveries folders and a bunch of other inconsistencies, like some liveries are in VFS ZIP, some are just thrown in dds format with where the description.lua is, etc.

There's nothing that indicates new audio engine whatsoever. I'm pretty sure ED would have hinted that on their 2020 video.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4221931&postcount=57

I have tested the Reduced A-10 Betty volume and Callsign mods. They work! They key is to make the directory structure as follows: <Saved Games>/<DCS>/Sounds/Speech/<Language>. The ENG or other language directories need to sit directly under Speech now. Before, where was an extra Sound directory in the path.

I have tested the Reduced A-10 Betty volume and Callsign mods. They work! They key is to make the directory structure as follows: <Saved Games>/<DCS>/Sounds/Speech/<Language>. The ENG or other language directories need to sit directly under Speech now. Before, where was an extra Sound directory in the path.

yes, it is working Thanks to the one who found how to do it !

@Typhoon11, negative. That structure is for speech mods only. You are looking for:

<Saved Games> \ <DCS> \ Sounds \ Effects \ Aircrafts \ FA-18 \ <WAV Files>

and

<Saved Games> \ <DCS> \ Sounds \ sdef \ Aircrafts \ FA-18 \ <SDEF Files>

Hi all, I am having difficulty to get this new structure to work:

I copied my modified .ogg Betty sound files into an ENG folder inside a Speech folder inside a Sounds folder inside the DCS Save Games folder.

How ever when I fly any of the FC 3 planes the original Betty call outs are stil there.

Do any of you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Capture.JPG.4d5cb56d983f5cd3c8d8b5508b6db600.JPG

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing :) This was the last missing piece for me of the 2.5.6 puzzle. All of my previous 2.5.5 mods are now working again. I had dozens of missions written with alternate call signs. This is fantastic to have them working again.

It doesn´t work for the Callsign mod. Any idea for the Callsign mod?

I just tested if for the call sign mod and it's working. However, and maybe this is what you're seeing you have to split it up into TWO mods.

For example:

The first part of the mod needs to be installed to your root DCS folder like before. It contains the modified db_callnames.lua file. That doesn't work when installed under Saved Games. I've tested that.

The path for that part is: <DCS Folder>\Scripts\Database\db_callnames.lua

The second part is the sounds piece that used to go into the sounds folder off of root install. Now it must go to the modified path in your Saved Games.

That path for that part is: <DCS SAVED GAMES Folder>\Sounds\Speech\ENG

Put all of the files in there and voila. It's working once again.

@Typhoon11, negative. That structure is for speech mods only. You are looking for:

<Saved Games> \ <DCS> \ Sounds \ Effects \ Aircrafts \ FA-18 \ <WAV Files>

and

<Saved Games> \ <DCS> \ Sounds \ sdef \ Aircrafts \ FA-18 \ <SDEF Files>

Thanks master! It works :).

Regards.

Does anyone use Moltar Sound mod. Is it supported in 2.5.6. Maybe does restructuring the file helps??

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

I integrated parts of his mods with others to make my own. They do work. Follow the comments in this thread and you should be good to go.

Basically, anything that used to go under <DCS World>\Sounds now needs to go under <DSC Saved Game>Sounds

The stuff that went under <DCS World>\COreMods or <DCS World>\Mods still can.

The only exception is for speech related sound mods. They have to go under a slightly modified path than before <DCS Saved Games>\Sounds\Speech\ENG for example. There used to be an extra SOUNDS folder that ENG went in. Now it just goes under Sounds\Speech.

So far everything I've tested works when placed this way.

• 2 weeks later...