MIG-29 Drag chute

CutterACR

HI. Drag chute dont deploy. Button P pressed. SET IN ALL MODULE MIG. Version A,S,G. During landing mig dont deploy drag chute.

At what speed are you trying to deploy it?

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

Are you certain it isn’t deploying? If you deploy it at too fast a speed it blows out and simply disappears. Many people land the -29 at too high an airspeed. That’s why I ask. On the other hand, if you are sitting with engines at idle and deploy it, does it deploy? That would be an easy way to test it.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I do not understand, where this 250 kph limitation is coming from to MiG-29 in DCS? RL limitation, according to her manual is 310 (structural limitations of the drug chute system). Fleet pilots are recommended to deploy the drug chute when their front landing gear is on the ground. And 250 kph is just a normal touchdown speed. In case they are landing without flaps they must deploy the drug chute at a speed not faster than 310 kph.

I do not understand, where this 250 kph limitation is coming from to MiG-29 in DCS? RL limitation, according to her manual is 310 (structural limitations of the drug chute system). Fleet pilots are recommended to deploy the drug chute when their front landing gear is on the ground. And 250 kph is just a normal touchdown speed. In case they are landing without flaps they must deploy the drug chute at a speed not faster than 310 kph.

I haven’t tested recently but at 1 time I recall the limit being close to the value you quote...unless I’m thinking of one of the other RusFor aircraft I’ve been flying.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Just tested and the drag chute can be deployed up to 300km/h. If you increase thrust above 80% it will shear off at any speed.

During the tests I noticed that just above 300km/h I'm experiencing various tire failures. Nice :)

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

...If you increase thrust above 80% it will shear off at any speed...

Ah, yes. I forgot about that part. Just goes to show you how infrequently I use any of their chutes, I guess.

_____

Did some quick experimenting of my own. I can get it to hold, if released at 309 kph but breaks at 310. Here's the 309 landing. I attached the track, if anyone's interested. Made with yesterday's (02/20) beta:

MiG-29 Chute.trk

_____

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...