Keybinds for momentary switches (Master Arm, FBW G-Limiter and Canon)

BlackSharkAce

Hi,

I've seen some other threads around with additional keybindings but none of them satisfied my needs. I use a TM Warthog stick with the DX128 script allowing me to use all my buttons as DX buttons. This allows me to have a single profile for all planes. Button assignments are then configured within DCS.

All my non-momentary switches are configured as PULSE commands, meaning DX only gets a pulse when I switch.

The default keybinds did not allow me to have a "master arm on" and "master arm off" command. There was only a toggle, so I added that. Same thing for the Canon and FBW G-Limiter:

-- ADD
{down = 3234, up = 3234, cockpit_device_id = 6,  value_down = 1,   name = _('Master ARMED'),         							 category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},
{down = 3234, up = 3234, cockpit_device_id = 6,  value_down = 0,   name = _('Master UNARMED'),         							 category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},
{down = 3463, up = 3463, cockpit_device_id = 6, value_down = 1,   name = _('Gun ARMED'),            							 category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},
{down = 3463, up = 3463, cockpit_device_id = 6, value_down = 0,   name = _('Gun UNARMED'),            							 category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},
{down = 3422, up = iCommandPlaneCobra, cockpit_device_id = 3, value_down = 0,   name = _('FBW G-Limiter ON'),            		 category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},
{down = 3422, up = iCommandPlaneCobra, cockpit_device_id = 3, value_down = 1,   name = _('FBW G-Limiter OFF'),            	     category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},

I think it improves usability and it's the kind of little tweaks that make my day. I thought I'd post it here if it can help someone else out.

Find my Warthog profile and keybinding file in the attachments.

Cheers,

default.lua

DX128 Script.zip

Edited by BlackSharkAce

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm agree with you. The best way is to have a On command and a Off command to have maximum flexibility of settings.

In that case :

• Master Arm : Same command but well initialized when started. So no real problem. Warthog throttle switches can be used without problem with a down and a up config
  • For FBW Limiter : Same command but bad initialized when started, so when you start with the swich in the bad position you have to click one on the virtual one to come back to the good synchronization.
  • For Gun, no problem the command has two states (0 and 1), so it's work for Warthog throttle switches

For Warthog throttle switches you just have to set a up command like I did in my example in another thread and for Gun example :

{down = 3463, up = 3463, cockpit_device_id = 16, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('Gun ON else OFF'), category = _('Add on switch')},

For Warthog stick, of course, if you want a pulse on push button, with one command per push button, you can do the same but in that case 2 lines (one with state 1 and one with state 0) for gun switch as you've done.

Edited by sunski34

• 1 month later...